Stu which church and which dogma said the world was flat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Feb 10, 2004.

1. But you are THE MAN!!

#51     Feb 18, 2004
  2. Uh, okay.

#52     Feb 18, 2004
  3. See....It doesn't exist:D

#53     Feb 18, 2004
  4. Uh, okay.

#54     Feb 18, 2004
  5. Turok

Turok

Wow, TM sure held is own in the whole "god vs gravity" exchange.

Someone please remind me of who I'm dealing with next time before I attempt to engage such a articulate and well versed opponent.

I'm bushed.

JB

#55     Feb 18, 2004

6. so if i can show you pictures of the *effects* of God.....you will believe in God?.....

#56     Feb 18, 2004

7. Just checking with you since you are an expert......Is gravity the same on every single planet? and on the moon?????.....If not then why is it such a 'constant'???

#57     Feb 18, 2004
  8. Turok

Turok

TM:
    >so if i can show you pictures of the *effects*
    >of God.....you will believe in God?.....

Well, first there can be an inference in that statement that the only evidence that we have of gravity would be pictures of the effects (which of course is nonsense), but I'll take your question as serious (perhaps I shouldn't) and give you a serious answer.

I (and all of those of like mind that I know) would happily believe in god if the evidence of his effects even *remotely* approached the repeatable, predicable nature of gravity.

I invite you describe any simple procedure you like to test the repeatability, predictability and existence of gravity. We'll have cameras set up to record the results. We'll repeat the test a thousand times if necessary. We'll invite disinterested parties to view the tests and confirm or deny the results.

Then...

I'll describe a simple test that would prove to me the existence of your god and we'll set it up and repeat is as many times as is necessary. Again, all recorded and witnessed in an unbiased manner.

Ready?

JB

#58     Feb 18, 2004
  9. Turok

Turok

TM:
    >Just checking with you since you are an expert......Is
    >gravity the same on every single planet? and on
    >the moon?????.....If not then why is it such a
    >'constant'???

First, I'm far from an "expert" but so far we are only talking high school level physics so I can at least keep up.

The answer would turn to a great extent on your definition of the word "same". If you are asking the simple question "do we weigh the same on all planets and moons" the the answer is "no". We don't even weigh the same at different points on the surface of the earth or on different floors of our homes.

If your question is a serious one I suggest you study high school level physics yourself (or Google).

JB

#59     Feb 18, 2004
  10. You are joking, right? You know the answer, I'm sure.

#60     Feb 18, 2004