struggling trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ebayuser, Feb 19, 2009.

1. trendy

trendy

Well, how about posting some recent examples of your trades, and the thoughts behind them?

#11     Feb 22, 2009
  2. I had the same problem as you in the last 2 months...for a while I couldnt make a penny to save my life and before the last 2 months I was doing exceptionally well. With me, it was my confidence...I got scared of losing all my money because of the way the market has turned and I did lose a couple of thousand. It is harder to make money now but it can still be done. Just don't be afraid to pull the trigger if the time is right.

I have now made several small trades that were profitable and I believe I have my confidence back and am ready to start hitting it like I was before. I have seen it posted here before.."scared money will lose every time" and it's true. If you have no confidence in what your doing then you shouldn't be doing it.
    Good Luck!

#12     Feb 22, 2009
  3. order flow has been destroyed. if u are trading solely off L2, it is extremely difficult to make money anymore.

get another job for a few years , save some money and come back in a few years

#13     Mar 4, 2009
  4. LeChiffre

LeChiffre

Can you tell us what you're planning to do before you take a position pls? So we can do the inverse. Tks

#14     Mar 4, 2009
  5. halligan

halligan

You can hardly make any money that kind, cos' mostly trader loses money on range or on a trand moving with a lot of noise-retracement- call it as you wish.

#15     Mar 4, 2009