Struggling to find direction

Discussion in 'Trading' started by matgallis, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Ugh the last few days have been difficult. In and out of trades that appeared initially good then failed by the end of the day. This week has been whip-sawing me around and forced me to go mostly cash. I honestly feel 50/50 chance tomorrow could be +300 or -300. Lack of direction is killing me!

2. In a bear market, a penny saved is a penny earned.

3. matgallis

New Post 07-09-08 03:43 PM

Ugh the last few days have been difficult. In and out of trades that appeared initially good then failed by the end of the day. This week has been whip-sawing me around and forced me to go mostly cash. I honestly feel 50/50 chance tomorrow could be +300 or -300. Lack of direction is killing me!

It's not lack of direction that is killing you, it's lack of knowledge!

4. This is my 8th consecutive year of trading, why do elitetrader members alway point to registration date and assume that's the first day the user began trading?

5. What I was going to say.

It's hard to make money in a bear market if you aren't playing the turns correctly ... it's hard to make money in a bear market, period.

6. I agree bear markets can be trouble some. However, when there is a clear trend like we've seen from 13,000-11,200 it's very easy to make money, even if you just short the index.

However, the trouble i'm referring to is the last few trading days. market has no direction really. Wants to bounce, but won't. Wants to fall, but waits late in the day to make it's final move and the next morning takes those points away. Just frustrated that's all

7. That is actually true every day, not just tomorrow.

8. im with you on this one, made out good before 4th of July now im thinking of going cash or just putting straddles on with tailing stops and see how i make out.

9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

CASH is always a valid trade.

10. pneuma

pneuma

take a holiday

#10     Jul 9, 2008