Struggling Emini Traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by NihabaAshi, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Ditch

Ditch

I don't think, that a trader who averages 20 points/day/contract hangs around in chatrooms. A guy like that has better things to do than listening to the crap that is going on in there or actually proving it to guys who don't have a clue.

#11     Oct 5, 2002
  2. Most NFL head coaches were NFL players? Most NBA head coaches were NBA players? Most NHL head coaches were NHL players? Most MLS head coaches were MLS players? I don't think so.

Granted, many MLB head coaches were MLB players.

I respect your point however, because I have asked myself how hard would it be to have John Gruden stare me down when I could kick his rear end and he hasn't played the first snap in the NFL.

As for thinking successful traders don't hang in chat rooms or post on boards... why is there the idea that this place or places like it are for people not making any real money? Maybe the superstars don't hang here. Maybe the million dollar guys don't hang here. But I hang here and I make over 100K in the market and don't work that hard. I just like communicating with other traders regardless of their income or skill levels.

Let me throw this in to the mix for discussion... you will never make any real money if you are scalping with one contract!

#12     Oct 5, 2002
  3. I think people who make 20 points a day, just like to come in here , browse the boards and have a frew chuckles.

#13     Oct 5, 2002
  4. Daniel_M,

You are so sweet to me. Some days I want to punch you and other days I want to buy you beers. You're a great guy -- I like you.

#14     Oct 5, 2002
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

#15     Oct 5, 2002
  6. "Let me throw this in to the mix for discussion... you will never make any real money if you are scalping with one contract!"

You've got to start somewhere. If you can make any amount of money, consistently, scalping one contract, the future is bright indeed.

#16     Oct 5, 2002
  7. yowza! my mistake! never realised so many nfl head coaches were never pro players. i was basing that assumption on NBA, where 23/29 of current head coaches had nba playing experience.

(similar story in euro soccer (unless i'm badly mistaken). i don't know shit about about baseball and hockey)

#17     Oct 5, 2002
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

#18     Oct 5, 2002
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

only if it is in hindsight, those who in live chat room please speak up.

#19     Oct 5, 2002
  10. skeez

skeez

"I think people who make 20 points a day, just like to come in here , browse the boards and have a frew chuckles"

How true. :D

#20     Oct 5, 2002