Structural Collapse

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dima777, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Shh. only 1 in 1000 have figured that out.

Perhaps you might like to suggest backtesting even MORE data to improve accuracy? (snicker)

#11     Sep 19, 2008
  2. dima777

dima777

no way! :) at least there are a few other asset classes which will continue to work as before - the commodities, forex.....and if this is a temporary ban the markets should get back to normal trading when it is lifted.....

#12     Sep 20, 2008
  3. This spells the end to technical analysis as we know it. And the market will only go up from now on for ever. The Chinese markets don't allow shorting and that market never goes down. :D
    Just kidding this has had no effect on how I look at the markets. I just go along with it and make money.

#13     Sep 20, 2008
  4. Banks, investment houses, etc. have lost trillions in the derivatives market. Those losses per the legislation are not required to be reported on their financial balance sheets. So, no one even know just how big these losses really are. But according to industry insiders the losses are unbelievable huge.

There is an estimated 965 trillion dollars in the derivatives market. The only way they're going to recoup enough money is turn the spigots on at the FED and also bump up the DOW to 19,000 to sell it off down to 300, profiting on the long and short ends.

Once they've exhausted every pension fund in the land they'll start taxing everyone at 83% rates and taking possession of homes, cars and any asset which can be sold (for pennies on the dollar) to the Chinese.

It's just like it was in the Roman days.

#14     Sep 20, 2008
  5. dima777

dima777

that's pretty grim scenario....I do hope we get back to normal soon - the short-selling will be allowed and the funds will start trading as they did in the old days...:)

#15     Sep 20, 2008
  6. Im begining to think we would be better off if we encoraged all these jokes of major financial insitutions to go bankrupt. Let the bankruptcy court resolve the 900 billion err.. Trillion in derivatives while all the counterparties and participants are at the same court.

#16     Sep 20, 2008
  7. everyone knows who made the big losses , but who are the guys on the winning side?

I mean derivatives or not - 0 sum game right ? so someone has got to be a big winner in all of this .

My guess - shareholders of the Fed : JPChase, Rothchilds etc , who have been conspicuously quite.

Any other suggestions guys ?

#17     Sep 20, 2008
  8. dima777

dima777

here is an article which says something definite about the actual beneficiaries from this turmoil:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2008/09/19/cchedgefunds119.xml

note the helplessly admonishing tone of the report..:)

#18     Sep 21, 2008
  9. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

remember its only financial stocks. all others are fair game and the technicals will still work. that said,i noticed some of the financials worked well on buy on dip area of intraday support so technicals still work there.

#19     Sep 21, 2008
  10. loik

loik

What about enforcing laws against naked shorting, any disruption?

#20     Sep 21, 2008