Strongly Recommend this film

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Turok

Turok

Mav:
    >This is where I am laughing at your logic because
    >you are making the assumption that all crack dealers
    >are shot or will eventually be shot.

I make NO SUCH ASSUMPTION. In fact I disagree with YOUR assumption ... You can't produce a post where I make that assumption. Please try.

Mav:
    >Your need to get high probably got one person
    >killed, another shot, and another sent to
    >prison. How do you like them apples?

The assumption is yours Mav and it's right there in writing.

The REALITY is (and it's clear that you agree with this) that person "A"s need to get high presents a VERY LOW chance of someone "getting killed, shot, or going to prison".

It's not about fish or hamburgers... THAT is my only point.

JB

#41     Mar 14, 2004
  2. Turok and Maverick are the most illogical atheists since the beginning of atheism. We should get a picture of them shaking each others hands. Each would have a befuddled face, one would have a bag of crack the other a fish bowl containing a goldfish.

#42     Mar 14, 2004
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

That is total BS. You totally missed the logic. Look, getting drugs from Columbia South America into your home in the bay area is not done by one or two or three people. Chances are, there are hundreds, maybe even thousands of people involved at every point along the way before that crack is sitting on your dinning room table. Somewhere along the line, yes, someone probably was shot, someone was killed and someone was arrested. This is very TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deny it all you you want. But with hundreds of people involved, the probability of these things happening are huge! Now that doesn't mean all crack dealers, it just means along the food chain, you probably had at least ONE person shot, one person killed, one person arrested. Therefore, it is NOT a victimless crime. Do you understand now?

#43     Mar 14, 2004
  4. Turok

Turok

So, you believe there are more people involved in the drug trade than there are drug users?

JB

#44     Mar 14, 2004
  5. Turok

Turok

LOL. I'm not an athiest and have never stated such. You are a hoot Row.

JB

#45     Mar 14, 2004
  6. Hoot hoot what are you then, purple?

#46     Mar 14, 2004
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

F*ck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me. Dude, like 90% of the economy of Columbia is employed in the drug trade. All up all the growers, all the owners, the cheap labor that picks the crops, those that refine it, those that package it, those that move it, then ship it, then when it gets to the US, those that smuggle it in, then those that transport it throughout the country, then those that receive it in each city, then those that deal it to each county then those that deal it to each town then those that deal it to each person.

Then add up all the misc business involved in the drug trade i.e money laundering, the buying and selling or illegal arms to drug dealers, then add up all the people who enforce the drug trade from the dealer side, i.e protection, then add up all the other business that is created through the drug trade and benefits from the drug trade. Dude, you have to be kidding, it's huge. Hell, add up all the cops on the dealer's payrolls, the mayors, politicians. Dude, the list is never ending.

#47     Mar 14, 2004
  8. Turok

Turok

Ok Mav,

On average, how much would you guess that the average drug user spends per year on product? Remember, we are not talking about only the addict who steals to support the habit, but also the Silicon Valley programmer who lights a blunt or passes the pipe once or twice a year on a Sierra backpacking trip.

How much on average?

JB

#48     Mar 14, 2004
  9. it is time for Mav to get knocked out.

just about everything has consequences and it is too complex to know what they all are. a butterfly flapping its wings in china could help cause a hurricane in florida.

hypothetically, it is possible i could buy weed from my friend who grows it for himself and only me. no one dies from this.

when you eat a steak, YOU KNOW AN ANIMAL HAD TO DIE FOR YOU.

these 2 situations are not even remotely equal and you're posting all over the place like they are.

#49     Mar 14, 2004
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

I have no idea, you tell me.

#50     Mar 14, 2004