Stripper Spread Trade VCGH Vs. RICK

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jaytrader100, May 28, 2008.

1. just reminding you that you are getting lucky. you did this trade the wrong way and your thesis that rick was overvalued and vcgh was undervalued was incorrect. the way you attacked it you might as well have just shorted rick by itself rather than going long vcgh as well. vcgh has clearly lagged again. it is down 15% during this time when rick has been down about 10%.

p.s. i'm not trying to rip you. i am trying to let you know that you shouldn't be relishing this trade because it happened to work. learn from it and try to avoid doing this type of trade again.

#41     Jun 13, 2008
  2. spread now at 13.05

profit of $ 5.07 per share. 0r 27.9 %

I am exiting in small lots as I said i was going to and I suggest if you did the trade you do the same. Mr. Robbie $ 3.80 net worth! Th trade has worked out perfectly. I wanted to get long vcgh and short Rick and it has worked out very well. Yes I would liek to see vcgh rally and it hasn't.. however. if you look at my posts from teh beginnign i said this was a medium term trade. I ahve doen very well so thanks for the warning.. but maybe you should spend a little more time posting actual trades with exits and profit targets rather than telling me i got lucky etc. I guess according to you I ahve been lucky over the last ten years of tradign independently. LOL all the way to the bank with a pit stop at the strip club!!!!!!! Did you ever stop to think that maybe I thought a little bit about strippers and how they are a huge class action lawsuit waiting to happen.. just like the cashiers at starbucks.. they share tips with management.. I am not an attorney but guess what the only way I could play it was by shorting rick and as a hedge I bought VCGH so shut the F up already just because I was and am smarter than you. There are many other companies that I often short due to what I call a lawsuit risk premium.. duh!!!!!! pay attention when you cross the street robbie or you will get run over

#42     Jul 1, 2008
  3. lol wtf was that rant about? good job you made money on a trade! it must be a rare thing if you are this excited.

again...your "hedge" was a failure and a waste of time. all you had to do was short RICK since that was all you were really doing in the first place. further, your "hedge" wasn't even close to being correctly sized but we already know you don't care.

and why do you keep bringing up lawsuit risk all of the sudden? there was no fucking lawsuit or threat of a lawsuit anywhere. you never even mentioned a lawsuit when you first got in the trade. you said one was overvalued and the other undervalued. you don't think this trade worked simply because the market is weak and the consumer is weak? nah that would be too logical to think that investors are worried about people spending money on lap dances and $7 beers when they are paying $80 to fill up at the tank. maybe you can take the 4 you made from the trade and take a trip to vegas and tour the rhino and sapphires.

or how about you take some fucking spelling classes with that 4 grand you made? perhaps you can buy a new keyboard that has an enter key with that massive 4 grand you made. man i just can't imagine making the kind of bank you do. i mean after taxes that's like $3000 and you only needed 4 weeks to make that kind of money. i'm pretty sure research chimpanzees get paid more per week.

btw i can't post trades on ET or i will get in trouble at my job. also, i'm not living for my ET rep. i've got an office with real traders that i trade with.

anyhow...here's to you!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i think i found a picture of jaytrader! fuck! he is HARDCORE!! i won't mess with you anymore big boy!

[​IMG]

#43     Jul 1, 2008
  4. These are to most entertaining non-cyclicals I have considered in years. I was just at one of their fine establishments on Duval Street.

#44     Jul 1, 2008
  5. did the CIA release my records to you.... that was my after picture.. you should try and get a hold fo the before. Oh wel.. you obvioulsy have nothing positive to add to this site ever... have fun making and losing you dimes and nickels with your pubtz trades...

#45     Jul 1, 2008
  6. lol trust me i pay more in taxes than you make. anyhow...you still never explained why you changed your basis for the trade midstream. first you said it was because one was overvalued and the other undervalued but then it changed to lawsuit risk and you wanting to short rick after i told you that was all you were really doing.

if you were really paying attention to your original reason for getting into the trade then you would be posting the percentage change of the 2 since you posted the trade. since then VCGH is down 23% and RICK is down 30%. that would have validated your original thesis but for some reason you changed it to lawsuit risk. why?

and you thought i had something good to contribute earlier in your thread

but then i guess you got a big head because you actually got a trade to work.

#46     Jul 1, 2008
  7. look robbie .. post a spread trade today and we will watch it... Everyday my reasons for doing a trade might chagne.. i still did this trade initially due to what i thought was an over valued rick and under valued vcgh! anyway I am trading right now and do not have time for your bullshit..

#47     Jul 1, 2008

8. lol you are trading at lunch time? sounds like a money making proposition there.

and they are called PAIRS trades. this wasn't a spread/arb trade you got in. you never posted anything about values or percentage differences. you made a stab that one was overvalued because it was going up and the other was undervalued because it was down. your "value" hedge hasn't exactly been performing either.

keep buying weak shit and shorting strong stuff. a winning plan!

also, i almost never do pairs trades. i will do buyout arb when i see it. there was just recently a nice one with CFC and BAC. do you know how to execute a buyout arb trade correctly?

#48     Jul 1, 2008
  9. once again..i ask that you actually make a call on a stock... so easy right now.. almost a no brainer.. with this market..I am sure you can find somethign to recommend.. but make sure you give it a time horizon, an exit, and an entry..lol.. oh yeah and stop PM my account it is getting really annoying. I was giving you the benefit of doubt when you PM'd me that you made 33 dollars.. i truly thought it was cents.. as for my spelling.. i do not have time to waste by checking it and my brain works faster than my fingers.. funniest thin i ever ehard on et was from my spelling.. another poster said.. do you type while wearing a catchers mit?
    I laughed a lot at that one.

#49     Jul 1, 2008
  10. it's not about your brain working faster than your fingers. it just means you are a typing retard who doesn't want to use backspace.

and i PMed you back to let you know that when i say 33 i mean with 3 more digits on the end.

#50     Jul 2, 2008