Stretch and Squeeze

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Bearbelly, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Thanks again Mr. Hershey. Yes, I understand that the microscope only comes out when the picture gets fuzzy. Is there a post anywhere that covers all the different tick patterns that occur at the turns? Hope I'm not being a pest.

#11     Sep 16, 2006
  2. I think I should have posted this question in your SCT journal so I am moving it there.

#12     Sep 16, 2006
  3. It can be built in any way you imagine it but the other way is to build it from a reasoned strategy.

This kind of effort can go in any direction chosen. I chose in 1957 to focus on taking out of markets the potential that they offer. It is a simple model based upon extraction from locations that are giving the best amount of profits at any time. I like it a lot because I do not have to concern myself with very many downside considerations that failing traders have as their principle concerns.

That strategy could avail itself to mapping or a set of overlayed maps. It would be some sort of plan for going from scratch to a place of high utility. I use four maps: risk, knowledge, skills and experience.

I pick no risk areas to gain knowledge, skills and experience. Then I go to the fringes of the no risk area and add more coverage to what is very close by to the no risk places.

Additionally , there is a major issue of the validity of each conclusion that you are placing in this conclusion set.

The greatest aspect of any strategy of this sort is to work to complete first, that which will get you to a good cash flow on making money right from the start.

Many years ago I observed that there were many levels of progress that a person could go through. I measure progress in terms of money making.

Topically, there are about 8 clearly delineated arenas in which to work for improvement. It turns out that the range of improvement for each results in a doubling of a persons money velocity performance for each arena.

We all know that an equity curve is not linear. A linear curve would only show that the person is performing more poorly over time. Any curve can be looked at to see the rate at which a person is improving if he is at all.

What is seen in ET today does illustrate the fact that people can take the trouble to focus on various aspects of the whole. PVT and SCT are the systems we use for trading two different markets. PVT can be used as the template for SCT so that is a convenience.

Recently, several people have spun out different facets of both PVT and SCT.

This is a S/S facet and it connects to four or so other fine control facets. They could spin out too.

If the conclusion sets for these individual topics are merged with other related topics, then their collective corrolated conclusions allow a person to get very healthy very fast. also, reinforcement is one of the greatest risk minimizers that exists.

Fortunately some of the detractors are putting their brains where their mouths are in topical threads as well. Here, we get to see wrong conclusions missapplied by their imaginative screwing up of things. We have learned that it is best to show in contrast good and bad applications of data and their conclusion pairs. The rocket posts exemplify this quite well. In recent discussions we agreed our office will be supplying some intraday rocket trading results. Up to this point we have not. Friday we had a 12% example that will be forthcoming because it illustrates the channel annotations quite comprehensively. We use rockets as a location to sweep unused funds into each day. Making 12% in a day on idle funds is a good strategy, it turns out.

The Global Positioning Glossary team is literally having an experience of a life time because of the innovative structuring that is being used there in the writing style and content formating guide. This sort of thing has always been part of the groups that were moving the trading forward. you can google a lot of these groups and see the historical transitions and progress. As an extrernal cross referencing convenience for people coing from other systems into our paradigm shift, we have an "oil change chart" pased upon the glossaries of other systems. We create a SKU that allows for the specs to be cross referenced.

In the past people had to sort of create their own trading worlds. Now a person can quickly ramp up using the power of the global electronic world. We are sort of leaving the conventional wisdom of the past and focussing on making money instead. travel by train was popular for a period of time. They are still in use. I like traveling by train by using a sleeping compartment and having a dining area. But I do recognize that there were technical failures when it came to putting wings on railroad cars. Airports solved the problems of letting people get in and out of airplanes. I flew super connies to europe after I stopped taking boats that took 6 to 7 days. I took jet charters as well. Times change.

The electronic age and having data is taking trading out of an older traditional mode of low velocity trading as seen on ET. People can continue to ride this train still so prevalent but that is not for some people any more. We fly DC 3's and super connies then we use jets when they get the airports lengthened. Now we have sleepers to ride to Europe and Hong Kong and Tokyo.

Contemporary electronic data sets have conclusion sets that did not exist before continuous data was available. Tape reading was all there was at one time. Tape reading is now just an ancillary corroberating device today.

Predicting died a timely death a while back. There was overlap for a while, but like putting the newly discovered wings on railroad cars, the electronic coding power that produced all the new signal sets, these signal sets don't fit on traditional conventional wisdom created from tape reading and "edge trading" from the no data era.

Turning to extracting the potential of the markets has always been a key idea; the global shift to continuous electronic data supplies and coding software that works in real time, finally extinguished the prediction and probability CW models.

Quants labor to refine the old with more amore elaborate efforts in a passe strategy based on Pascal and Fermat and stuff. They are all the way down to including every thing electronically and discovering random walk and chaos theory. They have found out what macro mud is like very thoroughly.

The alternative is to focus in a very high powered way on where's the beef. The big burgers.

Use normally available streaming data to to steer and focus on the potential of the market to deliver high velocity profits all of the time. This is very radical as shown in ET. Et collectively believes it is "unbelievable" and in no uncertain terms. the certain terms of reference are ABSOLUTELY TOALLY BASED UPON THE PARADIGM THAT IS BECOMING ARCHAIC.

So is anyone is trying to "build a system" be sure to consider the electronic data supply and the massive power of coding proper stuff to monitor in real time what is going on.

In less than three years some people in ET have gotten it straight what leads what and how leading indicators of price work. that is an accomplishment for sure.

#13     Sep 16, 2006
  4. Im kind of suprised at the tone of your comments to me on the thread that was closed. For a senior citizen I find your remarks quite juvenile. I do not think my request was unreasonable and the fact that you have not and will post any proof that you are actually trading your method leads me to believe that you cannot do it. Moderater you can close this thread as I am no longer interested in anything Mr. Hershey has to say.

#14     Sep 19, 2006