Stress free Trading Times for S&P 500, Monday -Friday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Walther, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Trading Times for Monday are 9:45, 10:25 12:05 est .
    same confirmation rules like last week.
    Walter

2. TT 9:45 did not get confirmation from CCI.
    TT 10:25 was on time,closed above MA's within 5 min and divergence was complete within 8 min. Not much action after that.
    Walter

3. 12:05 est had confirmation by CCI but it took too long to close below 21MA. If you use 8MA only it would be a good short entry.

one TT popped up for some of you who trade last hour. 15:30est.
    Walter

4. From 12:05 to 15:30 would be nice but if someone tried to enter at 15:30 it would be too late . in a day to achieve anything.\
    Walter

5. Trading Times for Tuesday are 9:35, 9:50, 10:25 and 11:25est .
    Thanks,
    Walter

6. I have received an email where was suggested that breaks of a trendline to be used for entries based on Trading Times. I would like to know what are your thoughts on that.
    I will open Yahoo group on Friday and will send info to each of you who expressed an interest in joining by Thursday.
    Thanks,
    Walter

7. I just want to stress an importance of looking at 5 min charts first for a TT confirmation by CCI, then go to 1 min chart to pinpoint entry. If you did that you should be long by 9:40est. If you went by 1min charts only you might be inclined to go short at 9:34est . you MUST wait for a CCI divergence AFTER Trading Time!!.
    I am working on new , improved , confirmation method for TT , I will make it available for discussion or improvements to a members of a TT group .
    Walter

8. 10:25est was a good TT . CCI Divergence was completed by 10:35 .
    Walter

9. If..."you MUST wait for a CCI divergence AFTER Trading Time!!." then why not just watch for the divergence on the 5 min chart? Please see chart: (5 min with 20 Period CCI)

10. Sure you can do it, to sit at the computer all the time wondering , is this the time when CCI divergence is coming or not ? With TT you do not have to do it. You can a have a life and trade too. If you have noticed on most days you can trade only till 1:00pm est and be done for a rest of the day. You do not have to wait for a CCI divergence( 20 period CCI signal gets little bit too late for intraday trading IMO), you can use any indicator or method you feel comfortable with .
    I use this CCI and MA simple entry system just to demonstrate usefulness of Trading Times for a simple entry method .
    I have much better method and other traders have it also, but this simple method is available on every charting package .

11:25 was a good TT if you waited for a confirmation by CCI you got in at the top. And that is a purpose of TT, to make it easy on ourselfs
    I appreciate you comments, I am glad that someone is watching TT.
    Thanks,
    Walter

#10     Jun 3, 2003