Stress damage to traders

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by oilfxpro, Aug 2, 2011.

1. When i`ll make the kind of money he made,i will forget about trading.Maybe i keep some small amount just for fun

#41     Aug 12, 2011
  2. #42     Aug 21, 2011
  3. Trader could get stressed for many other reasons

Example:Weekly bread winning targets have to be met .This target alone can get the stress sirens going , and resulting in stress related chemistry activation.

Uncertainty of markets and trading volatility can trigger stress .

#43     Aug 22, 2011
  4. AK100

AK100

Trading and 'stress' is often somewhat of a cliché.

Some will suffer from it but many more will think they do because it's somewhat fashionable. A bit like bi-polar which is extremely fashionable right now especially among celebrity fuckwits.

Anyway, consider this. Many, many successful traders operate with little stress and pressure.

#44     Aug 22, 2011
  5. cornix

cornix

Stress is an indicator. Too much stress shows you that something is wrong with your trading, that you are not confident enough in your system.

So the better you trade, the more consistent your results are, the lower is your stress.

#45     Aug 22, 2011
  6. Interesting. So its like learning anything new. At first you're bad at it and won't really be good until you have a bit of practice under your belt.

Possible strategy? Set aside some money that you're willing to lose and start trading with that for practice.

#46     Aug 23, 2011
  7. Alot of traders in NY have a strange tick in their face.

#47     Aug 23, 2011
  8. Macho

Macho

I am not a gambler , but I will be a lot of money that you are not a trader.

#48     Aug 23, 2011
  9. cornix

cornix

Our mind remains the same, no matter if we learn to drive a car or to trade... At first you stress, sometimes very seriously stress. But over time as you practice, if you do it right (in general, minor mistakes are unavoidable and OK), stress fades away and you just get used to that activity.

And I think the best way to learn is practice to trade correctly on demo (correctly here, means not even slightly more recklessly than if you traded your last money in life :) ), become consistent, then start on the smallest real amount of money possible for a given market and slowly advance.

#49     Aug 24, 2011
  10. That is not good advice from a Psychologist , emotionless demo trading and real trading are miles different experiences.

Perhaps studies on reactive trading emotions is warranted.

#50     Aug 24, 2011