Stress and Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by excrypto, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Expect every trade to be a looser, while strictly following your pre-determined rules.
    Stress is a fear of loss and uncertainty, if you trick your mind by "expecting" a loss, it has nothing to stress about.
    Better yet, learn to code and automate your trading technique

#31     Sep 5, 2021
    taowave, jnbadger and KCalhoun like this.
  2. zdreg

zdreg

that is an important reminder.

#32     Sep 5, 2021
  3. kmiklas

kmiklas

Are you grinding your teeth while sleeping? Problem with the "trader nap" is that you grind to release stress--all that tension in your jaw has to go somewhere, and jaw muscles are the strongest in the body.

I cracked a tooth last year... $2500 crown. Ask your dentist next cleaning; a good dentist would mention it and recommend a night guard.

Stretch and loosen your jaw before a nap and going to sleep at night.

btw, I wanted a gold tooth, but my dentist asked if I was planning on becoming a rapper, so I ended up with cubic zirconia. I still kinda want it; if this crown falls out I'm getting it.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    #33     Sep 5, 2021
  4. ondafringe

ondafringe

Something to keep in mind about grinding your teeth.

According to my dental hygienist, long-term grinding causes micro-movements in your teeth, which allows bacteria to work their way down below the gum line and into your jawbone. Left untreated, those bacteria will slowing eat your jawbone away. Lose more than 40% of your jawbone and you'll lose your teeth, as well.

#34     Sep 5, 2021
    zdreg and kmiklas like this.
  5. kmiklas

kmiklas

Something for me to look forward to.

#35     Sep 5, 2021
    ondafringe likes this.
  6. You stressed because the market is NOT going your way! My advice for you is to work on your stock entry point. You will feel much better!!

#36     Sep 5, 2021
    cobco and Math_Wiz like this.
  7. excrypto

excrypto

ahaha

#37     Sep 5, 2021
  8. excrypto

excrypto

https://www.fitbit.com/global/en-ca/products/trackers/charge5 Thinking of buying this for biofeedback when it comes out. Cheaper than a Muse device. Only possible better device I can find for triple the cost is an apple watch but then id have to look like a putz wearing one of those. Not spending $200 on an emwave device either that only does one thing. Other suggestions? Looked garmin (expensive) apple, fitbit.

#38     Sep 5, 2021
  9. ph1l

ph1l

And you don't need a fancy mouth guard sold by a dentist either. Wear an inexpensive sports mouth guard like

on your upper jaw while sleeping, and you won't grind your teeth again. They help prevent snoring too.

#39     Sep 5, 2021
    Math_Wiz likes this.
  10. kmiklas

kmiklas

Thank you. I had one made by a dentist ($400) and tried an off-the-shelf model from CVS ($40).

#40     Sep 5, 2021