Stress and Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by excrypto, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Just automate all your trading, don't look at it, and enjoy your life. Whether it's day trading or swing trading, zero stress. Honestly, I feel like everything else in life stresses me out more lol. Like where are my keys, what's for dinner, and is she cheating on me?

#11     Sep 5, 2021
    volente_00, d08, SimpleMeLike and 3 others like this.
  2. danielc1

danielc1

Any kind of stress in the market is self-inflicted. It is how you think about things on a deeper level that gives you an adrenaline rush and/or gives you frustration on the things that happens in your trading day. Being aware of how you react and the circumstances of that reaction is the key to solve this forever. This is awareness is not so easy to get and understand, because it is for most people an automatic response without being able to describe what is going on in their mind and body. If you can find someone that can talk you through it or let you see 'how' you react and 'why', you can fix it.

#12     Sep 5, 2021
    formikatrading and swinging tick like this.
  3. tomorton

tomorton

Consider something in life which is not easy but which you do not stress about - such as driving.

Normally, we are not particularly stressed at the thought of driving 5 miles to the shops to buy some socks, or going round to see a friend, or popping round to visit the elderly relatives. Its because we're not taking excessive risk through inattention, we're not racing against a target, we've had loads of practice, and we have a thorough knowledge of what we're going to do.

Get out of live trading for real money until all these things are resolved. Its more important to resolve the stress than to trade better.

#13     Sep 5, 2021
  4. taowave

taowave

Limited-ly profitable?? Whats your return on capital??

Are you trading a meaningful amount of capital,where the profit makes a difference in your life??

It appears you trade for 1hour.Is this a hobby???

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    #14     Sep 5, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Getting laid is good for stress. :D

Right re deep breathing. I like to stand and stretch every half hour or so.

Automating with OTO orders a huge help too.

#boinkstressaway

#15     Sep 5, 2021
  6. tomorton

tomorton

Have I misunderstood? - you stand and stretch every half hour or so while you are getting laid?

Mate, I am impressed. I find getting laid is stressful.

#16     Sep 5, 2021
    SPX Options Trader and taowave like this.
  7. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Lol no.... stretching during the day trading....

Sometimes listening to jazz is relaxing too

#17     Sep 5, 2021
    zdreg and tomorton like this.
  8. taowave

taowave

Dam,...No interest in day trading,but I was was ready to sign up for your courses mostly for the stand,stretch during sex techniques..

#18     Sep 5, 2021
    cesfx, KCalhoun and tomorton like this.
  9. deaddog

deaddog

The reason it is less stressful, for me at least, is that I have longer to make decisions. Most can be made when the market is closed. As for a trade taking weeks, who gives a shit as long as your returns are the same? I'm doing this to make money, not to keep busy.

#19     Sep 5, 2021
  10. deaddog

deaddog

I found it's about the same. Just less time in front of a monitor and less stress.

#20     Sep 5, 2021