Stress and Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by excrypto, Sep 4, 2021.

1. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

I've queued the video... less than two minutes of watching provides the gist for this stress thread.

No need to watch in entirety although some other nuggets are in there. Ragu.

#91     Sep 11, 2021
  2. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Yeah but I made $... right though, at least I skipped midday .... good point

#92     Sep 11, 2021
  3. deaddog

deaddog

That's what the guys with the martingale strategy tell me until that one time when they run out of capital. :)

#93     Sep 11, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  4. Branos

Branos

Trading presupposes huge stress like any other investing especially when it comes about scalping.
    I cannot really suggest any methodologies which will reduce the amount of stress on your body and fatigue, the only thing I can say is that it is high time you stopped scalping. Why don't you do more long term trading rather than scalping? Open bigger timeframes, look for the different trading strategies, spend more time enjoying your lofe or spend it with your nearest and dearest. I don't really understand scalpers who waste so much time and energy. Make the plans, broaden your planning horizons, grow.

#94     Sep 15, 2021
  5. Kalanim

Kalanim

Stress plays a major role in trading activity as I think mainly because under stress traders make various decisions, which sometimes are correct, however, I believe that reducing stress affection on trading activity should be the main task for all traders who have such an issue. Stress reduces the longevity of peoples' lives, if we talk about long-lasting stress. Traders are susceptible to stress mostly because of a fear to lose thei money. Of course, it's kinda difficult to get rid of stress while trading, however there are plenty of practices which can help traders to feel calmly and make conscious decisions.

#95     Sep 15, 2021
  6. Mesida

Mesida

Stress and trading activity are tightly connected notions actually. I believe that stress plays a big role, sometimes it can help us to make decisions which bring us money, nevertheless every professional trader knows that stress is the biggest issue for traders. Everything because it affects our trading style, our mood and mental health. Everybody knows that stress is bad for our organisms, especially for men, because it supresses testosterone and produce cortisol, which is a bad hormone actually. I believe that it's very tough for a trder to get rid of stress at all, however we can master some practices which help us to do it.

#96     Sep 17, 2021