Strength training with new 3/7 method gives superior results

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Jun 22, 2019.

1. luisHK

luisHK

I change programs regularly but will always end up doing low rep compound exercices, after 2 or 3 sets of heavy squats, close to max effort, I sure feel 8mns rest are necessary. Even sub Max squats get me quite tired btw. After hearing the Lilliebridge and Licis boasting of 15mns rests and moving to a powerlifting gym where other lifters also take long rests, I m more inclined to take 8mns even from the first working set and don t get embarrassed id I rest 10mns
    Total work out duration is a problem though

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    #51     Jul 13, 2019
  2. So how many total sets do you average per workout, and how long does your typical workout take?

#52     Jul 16, 2019
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Baron, do you think I am getting an exemplary benefit by swinging dumbbells while riding a stationary bike or would I be better off doing something separately for arms?

#53     Oct 16, 2019
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

You'll be burning more calories that way for sure, and there's nothing wrong with that. It seems like the dumbbell weights would have to be pretty light for you to be curling them while on the bike for more than a few minutes. So I would still do some curls with heavier weights to get the muscle building benefits on whatever day you typically work arms.

#54     Oct 16, 2019
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Ok thanks----I am swinging 10 lb bells for a 40 minute ride and it does get a bit tiresome especially when I hold arms straight out. I believe your advice is to keep doing it but grab some other lifting of a heavier nature to develop real strength?

#55     Oct 17, 2019
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I'm saying that you can stick with the 10lb dumbbells while on the bike, but then do some heavier curls on a day you're not on the bike, as part of a strength building routine.

#56     Oct 17, 2019
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Ok---thank you for the advice.

#57     Oct 17, 2019
  8. Swinging?

#58     Oct 18, 2019
  9. Baron, are you still doing your workouts in this manner? If so, how is it going? I'm considering doing a variation of this approach for the exercises in my routine that call for 2 sets each.

#59     Sep 14, 2020
  10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Like everything, I rotate in and out. Otherwise, the body just completely adapts if the method is used too long. I'm not currently using that method. At the moment, I'm doing whole-body workouts, 1 set per exercise, and usually I do about 9 exercises in total. The rep range varies between 15 - 20 reps per set. Once I can do 20 reps, I up the weight slightly for the next workout and that usually knocks the number of reps back down to 15. Rinse and repeat. :D

#60     Sep 14, 2020
    Frederick Foresight likes this.