Street Smarts by LBR

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Merc, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think that is an excellent idea. In addition, she offers a archive of previous trading days dialogue records. That alone can be a valuable learning tool. I'm of the belief that nothing beats experience. You may not agree with Linda's approach, but she has so much experience that you cannot help but learn from her. Regards, Steve46

#11     Jun 19, 2003

2. Steve46,

I would think that, once you develop the "feel" you refer to, actual tactics are almost incidental. If someone could anticipate with reasonable accuracy the "kind of day" it will be, I would think that any suitable approach or relevant rusty "indicator" will do. The question is, does she tell you how to develop that "feel" on which her approaches are based? If not, her book may be selling the air conditioning and the power steering, but not the car itself. Just my opinion.

Regards,

Thunderdog

#12     Jun 19, 2003
  3. Thunderdog:
    I shouldn't speak for Linda. I subscribed to her chatroom for a number of months and found it useful, but you need to have a basis yourself to make money. That basis, in my opinion, is some idea of what style you are comfortable with. Linda scalps and swing trades. Because she has been doing this for a long time, she knows how (and when) to go into scalp mode, looking to take just a couple of points. In order to do this yourself, you have to have the requisite skills. That means you have to have a handle on her terminology and what her "take on the market" is, and you have to have a platform (and the skill using it) to get in and get out of the market. Her basic game is trading retracements, flags, etc. She uses all kinds of indicators to help her and this may confuse some folks. At this point, I am using trin, tick, tiki and volume. Thats it. I look at these indicators and get a feel for market direction. Then I decide whether to scalp or swing trade based on my anticipation of what kind of day it is going to be, consolidation, or trend. If I am wrong, I get out with a loss, If I am right, I try to load the boat and hold on. Hope this helps. Regards, Steve46

#13     Jun 19, 2003
  4. prox

prox

You can buy it from Amazon and then return it after you're done reading it.

#14     Jun 19, 2003
  5. I agree with Ditch, most of the setups have lost efficiency and a lot of the stuff in the book is common sense.
    I disagree on a lot of points made as well. The price tag is way too high for that book.

#15     Jun 19, 2003
  6. Or you could go rob a gas station and get the money to buy it.

COME ON PEOPLE!!!

#16     Jun 19, 2003
  7. Ebo

Ebo

You are a true LOWLIFE!

#17     Jun 19, 2003
  8. Try
    Hit and Run Trading : The Short-Term Stock Traders Bible by Jeff Cooper
    It has similar set ups some of them work very well consistantly. You will get it cheap at half.com

#18     Jun 19, 2003
  9. You could just buy it used from Amazon at around $140 then resell it for (hopefully) the same price after you've finished reading it.

You could also check here to see if it is available to borrow (pay shipping only).
    http://www.tradersbrain.com/

#19     Jun 19, 2003
  10. Tea

Tea

In the 1990's it was cutting edge and worth the $150.

nowadays, most of the stuff is out of date, except maybe the grails.

Should be selling in the discount section for $15-20.

#20     Jun 19, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.