Street Insight & Doug Kass

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by DisciplinedHedg, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Perhaps Kass is going to perform the Niederhoffer maneuver.

#11     Mar 11, 2003
  2. I use to work with him years ago..."The Bear of Boca" was his nick name....Im surpiresded he's long.

#12     Mar 11, 2003

3. I hope surf knows that I'm a big fan. I wear my Marketsurfer.com hat all the time......so this is in no way a stab at him , or anyone for that matter, but if Doug Kass is long from 840...and some other "smart money" has been long for the past week or so....let's say someone gets long tomorrow.....does that make them "smarter money"?

Happy Trading.
    uptik2000

#13     Mar 11, 2003
  4. Vishnu

Vishnu

I write for Street Insight so I'm a bit biased although I think to get something out of the site you have to really know what you are looking for.

The site has a great currencies column written by Tom Arnold. Also the earnings conference calls get excellent coverage from Brian Gilmartin and others. Herb Greenberg has excellent analysis from the short side. Also, a lot of the analysts are great when writing about their specific sectors. For short-term trading Jay has had very good performance the past couple of months and I write a lot of short-term stuff for them as well as articles about different asset classes, pair trades, foreign markets, etc.

#14     Mar 11, 2003
  5. Babak

Babak

Can't comment on the site but will chime in re bottom calling and say that IMO we are close to a bottom (but not yet) perhaps next 1-2 weeks.

#15     Mar 11, 2003
  6. Babak

Babak

7. Anything from these guys is crap. Line it up and measure it, you'll see.

no offense multiple arms

#17     Mar 12, 2003
  8. is long the Q's as well.

He's had a good record, but personally I listen to no one -- just the voices in my head!

Hey, look at old Barton these days -- even he's beating the "bull drum!"

The lack of "squeeze action" in the last 1/2 hour has been interesting lately. Would not be surprised to see the mother of all squeezes some time soon.

dog:cool:

#18     Mar 12, 2003
  9. How's the Kass bottom call doing? Or did he go short in hedge fund time?

#19     Mar 12, 2003
  10. Vishnu

Vishnu

#20     Mar 12, 2003