Streaming Video

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bronks, Jan 1, 2010.

1. bronks

bronks

It seems the technicals still have not caught up yet.

YouTube can't pull it off, Netflix can't and neither can Time-Warner. Why would I pay to have a movie to be piped in, only to look like shit? IMO, it better be just as good as a DVD, or forget it.

I don't understand, you'd think the technology would have this figured this crap out by now.

2. Yep, I've wondered about that myself. Maybe a tech head in the crowd can explain it. Is it a problem with DSL? If everyone had T1 speeds at home, would we be there already?

3. bronks

bronks

Probably has something to do with the delivery of data packets or something. But I'm just parroting what I heard... I know nothing.

4. nitro

nitro

5. Illum

Illum

Does anyone have Verizon fios? Not available in my area or I would definitely get it. Wondering if it feels like the change from dial up to dsl, I remember that change, never going back of course. Or if the change is not so noticeable.

Nbc football on Sunday nights has a great free streaming feed. They put me a few minutes behind live and stream hd. It looks fantastic, doesn't glitch, I really like it. I have comcast cable connection. Comcast has a lot of commercials saying fios isn't that great, but I would be paying verizon every month if I could.