Streaming Quotes

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by white17, Feb 7, 2001.

1. white17

white17

HAS ANYONE USED OR SEEN STREAMING REAL TIME QUOTES FROM CBOE ? ANY COMMENTS?

THANKS

2. Htrader

Htrader Guest

The CME offers free real time streaming quotes for Globex2 and I use it to watch the eminis for the NDX and S&P500 as well as the full contract. Here's the link.

http://www.cme.com/web/live/

I used the version offered by Townsend analytics and its really good. Has both day and afterhours.

3. white17

white17

HTRADER; THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE. I HAVE ALSO USED CME FOR EMINI BUT WAS WONDERING ABOUT CBOE FOR STREAMING OPTION QUOTES.

THANKS

4. white - I'm using the CBOE's snapshot quotes. Haven't decided whether to bother switching to streaming.

There's a little snag with the quotes though. For multiply listed options, the quotes only show the bid/ask from the CBOE, not the best bid/ask across all exchanges.

5. white17

white17

AA; I figured that was probably the case but also knew I could see the "best" B/A on Preferred. I've used PCQUOTE for data feed for a couple years but have never been impressed with their support. Are you still using QFEED?

Thanks much,

6. Yeah, I still use QCharts, but the option data is still usually questionable except for the Boston servers (which are still sometimes questionable). So I don't depend on QCharts for the option data. I use both the CBOE snapshots and the Preferred quotes as cross-checks.

Waiting on the next release of Trade Prospector. They're integrating the CBOE realtime quotes into the analytic option montage and trade scanners.