Streaming News Services for Stocks

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by robbo, Dec 27, 2014.

1. robbo

robbo

Can anyone recommend a good New Services which is Stock Specific with Audio feature.

2. Scaleout.Scalper

Scaleout.Scalper Guest

Fly on the Wall [ http://www.theflyonthewall.com/ ] is pretty good for the price, it has a live squawk broadcast but it's not stock specific, more about overall critical news.

Has email features and much more, I'm pleased with it, helps you select moving instruments.

robbo likes this.
  3. robbo

robbo

Thanks for the info I will check it out.

4. I did a YouTube review of various news services (that include audio) a couple of years ago:

Not much has changed. Based on my own observations, TradeTheNews.com is the best overall. I also keep a subscription to Benzinga. Benzinga is a heck of a deal for the price. But it does have a lot of problems. $350/month for TradeTheNews and $75/month for Benzinga.

It's also my understanding that Ransquawk has changed it's platform since I did my review. They are also an excellent service, but TradeTheNews offered so much more for the same price.

My only problem with TradeTheNews is that they still require a LinkedIn account to be a subscriber. I detest social media and had to create the LinkedIn account. I boycotted them for a while, but found I had to go back since I really missed it.

robbo likes this.
  5. All are great products I use Fly , Benzinga and thetradexchange, try Thetradexchange.com as well.. they are new like a forum type news environment.. Very good and very cheap. They are doing squawk soon as well. Those 3 are what I use

robbo likes this.
  6. robbo

robbo

Tradeham I will watch your video later. What type of problems does Benzinga have since you made the video and do they talk about stocks making good moves during the day. Looking for stock specific news.

Miltiadis Thanks I will check out thetradeexchange.com.

7. robbo, Of all the services with streaming audio that I tested, Benzinga has the most stock specific news. TradeTheNews comes in a close second. Benzinga also has a lot of insider buy news as well as big options volume plays as it happens.

The downside of Benzinga:

1. Not 24 hours. Their print runs 24 hours, but not voice. And the print uses ForexLive news for after hours. ForexLive is news (not breaking news to immediately trade) and lots of commentary with suggestions. Personally, I don't like that. I just want breaking news. Commentary and analysis throws me off. That's why I don't watch CNBC :)

2. Benzinga is slow sometimes. And their commentators are sometimes wrong on the news and correct themselves later (e.g. oil inventory reports, earnings reports, etc.). This has actually cost me money in bad trades.

3. Usually, with many of these services, print is quickly followed after voice. If you missed something, you see it in print seconds later. Benzinga is extemely lazy about this. Sometimes you don't see the print of what the commentator just reported.

TradeTheNews announcers are very fast to read and dissect breaking news. They sound professional and easy to comprehend. Fed meeting notes are read clearly. Beninga announcers are slow and stutter. Sometimes hard to follow.

But you just can't beat Benzinga's price. For $75/month, it's well worth it to me for the additional stock specific news and options plays.

robbo likes this.
  8. robbo

robbo

Thanks Traderham.

9. Def robbo.. Let me know how it goes Thetradexchange is $29 a month satisfaction guarantee first month.. Also if you like upgrades and downgrades flyonthewall is the place to go