Strategy Trader

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Jason Rogers, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

You will notice on the Forex Code Source (www.forexcodesource.com) website mentioned in the previous post that all of the source code for the indicators (http://www.forexcodesource.com/index.php/Category:Indicators); Strategies (http://www.forexcodesource.com/index.php/Category:Strategies); and functions (http://www.forexcodesource.com/index.php/Category:Functions) is publicly available plus additional documentation to help with coding in C# for Strategy Trader http://www.forexcodesource.com/index.php/Strategy_Language .

Naturally, if you're new to C# you'll have to learn how to program in C#, but there is coding and documentation provided to help you along with your learning process.

Strategy Trader is a new product and with any new platform the community has to start somewhere which is why Forex Code Source was created to give you documentation for nearly everything. Plus add-ons are already starting to be added to the Strategy Trader forum from community members.

If you want to be limited to starting with a specific number of indicators, or limited to specific charting time frames, etc. then MT4 will still be offered. For traders wanting more advanced options, then Strategy Trader is the next evolution in our automated forex trading offering.

#11     Aug 27, 2010
  2. fxjerk

fxjerk

Hi Jason!

Thank you very much for your reply. I understand that you cannot tell us anything veracious about Strategy Trader. But, please, be honest just for a second. Have you ever seen the "documentation" you tell us about?! Please, spend a few minutes and read this "documentation" a bit. I even give you a link:
    http://www.forexcodesource.com/index.php/Strategy_Language_Classes

Do you really agree that just a list of the classes with no word of description is the "documentation" and do you still think that I'm stupid rather than documentation is ... absent in fact!!! I would like even cite one of the documentation pages (this is the whole class description):
    [anyweb]../htdocs/StrategyTrader/classes/arrowdrwexception_class.html[/anyweb]

Don't reply. I guess, your bosses won't praise you for truth. But just reply to yourself.

I'm bad indicator developer. Well, but huh... Did you hear that, guys? We're good enough for Trade Station, Nunja Trader and MetaTrader, but aren't good enough for this great and mighty Strategy Trader...

Sorry, Jason. All I can is just to wish you good luck with finding the developer who are good enough.

WBR
    Jerk

#12     Aug 30, 2010
  3. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

FXCM is holding an automated forex trading contest which begins October 17. Contestants will use FXCM's Strategy Trader platform to automate their forex trades during a seven week trading period. Registration is now open so you can register a demo and start coding your strategy.

The contest is a demo contest with prizes for 1st - $10,000; 2nd - $7,000; and 3rd place - $3,000.

Important Dates:

September 7: Contest registration opens. Begin coding and testing your automated strategy to prepare for the first day of the contest.

October 15: A starting balance of $1,000 will be used for the official contest. Therefore, at the close of trading on October 15th contest demo accounts will be automatically reset to $1,000 and any open positions will be settled.

October 17: Contest officially begins when trading opens Sunday October 17th. Participants should activate their automated strategies for trading. There is a leaderboard on the contest page which will update hourly with the current leaders.

December 3: Contest trading period ends. Final equity levels will be recorded and prizes will be awarded to the top three contestants

FAQ: All information including FAQ's can be found on the contest website: http://www.fxcm.co.uk/automated-forex-trading-contest.jsp

Let me know if you have any questions.

#13     Sep 15, 2010
  4. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

I attached a new Strategy Trader guide to this post "Top 10 Tips Every Coder needs to know for Strategy Trader".

Also, reminder that there are 11 days left to join the automated trading competition for Strategy Trader.

#14     Oct 5, 2010
  5. One important detail was missing from the rules: ARE COMMISSIONS INCLUDED OR IS EACH TRADE "FREE" ?

#15     Oct 6, 2010
  6. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

The cost for trading is the spread, and there are no separate commissions. Your profit/loss on each trade will automatically reflect the cost of the spread and thereby be factored into your results for the contest.

#16     Oct 6, 2010
  7. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

The contest page now has a leaderboard on the website displaying the top 5 accounts, and the board updates every hour. Here's what's happening so far:

[​IMG]

First place has jumped out to a big lead after only 4 days of trading. Not sure how sustainable this type of growth is considering the contest has another 43 days to go.

#17     Oct 21, 2010
  8. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

We re-organized the Strategy Language Help guide to make it more user friendly and more detailed for you to code your indicators and strategies into C# for Strategy Trader. You can find it attached to this post in the zip file.

Cheers,

Jason

#18     Nov 3, 2010
  9. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Attached is a custom indicator which will post economic news announcements related to the currency pair in the chart. You can also use the function in your own strategy as well. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like on the chart:

[​IMG]

#19     Nov 11, 2010
  10. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Forgot the attachment :eek:

#20     Nov 11, 2010