Strategy to protect the capital.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fisho, Jun 17, 2009.

1. fisho

fisho

thanks for the advice.
    I will split the risk with my friend but I will atually put more than 5% of my risk capital... Madoff's case is different. He was not able to run away otherwise those scams don't last for 10 years.
    Here we have the principal who is an old man who simply has enough money for himself and no reason to run away. They charge 10k every 90 days on the profits to cover administration costs so they'll make profit on their as well on my money.

#11     Jun 18, 2009
  2. MTE

MTE

With this kind of returns you'll be the richest person in the world in no time!

#12     Jun 18, 2009
  3. you are seriously underinformed. They cannot even guarantee a PROFIT next month. There is no such thing as what you are doing. But after you lose your money, you are more likely to be less clueless.

#13     Jun 18, 2009
  4. No one in their right mind on this board will tell you to do this. This sounds like the start of a CNBC prime time special on whoever the next Bernie Madoff is.

#14     Jun 18, 2009
  5. fisho

fisho

I don't like those people who use inductive reasoning and behave as if they know everything in life.
    I use my brain and I have my doubts but still in this case I did my due diligence and there are many signs that it is real... I already wrote I don't want to convince anybody so let's imagine that someone is generousand is giving me every month 13k.
    I can risk that money, How should I maximize the profits ? I have a portfolio of systems and I know good traders. Could I use the same algos as in portfolio management ?

#15     Jun 18, 2009
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

but past performance can influence future performance...:D

#16     Jun 18, 2009
  7. to the op:

you need a point of reference for this. see if there are any precedents for this type of performance, i.e. performance with the parameters you've given. if it's real, you are likely to find something comparable, maybe hedge funds, some other private investment vehicles (e.g. madoff - only kidding :D)

i have enormous respect for your friend who has engineered all this. but think about this: when there is a real business opportunity, which is way above average, shouldn't it be hard to get on board? i mean i think people tend to be late to the party in these cases. if it's really profitable, it's probably hard to get in. if it's not hard, probably there is some catch, designed for the unprepared joe from the street.

a lot of this is also about psychology. now, how exactly do you define "friend"? your definition may be totally different from mine. in fact, i am sure it's quite different.

if i were you, i'd get someone else to invest in this first and see what happens.

i would also emphasize that psychology is hugely important in all this. no offense, but i could sense euphoria in your tone, never a good sign.

stay detached. be cold.

some traders buy too many contracts just because they had too much coffee in the morning. that's totally inappropriate.

i mean i think being in sync with the markets is key.

#17     Jun 18, 2009
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Fisho, You are either the scam artist yourself, trying to lure others, or else you are going to be the victim. We have all tried to tell you, for the most part politely, that your claims are impossible, but our warnings have fallen on deaf ears. Assuming you are not a con-artist but about to become the victim of this scheme, you, unlike Madoff's victims, will not deserve to recover any of your money. You have been warned.

#18     Jun 18, 2009
  9. DannoXYZ

DannoXYZ

#19     Jun 18, 2009
  10. Back off people! :)

fisho is an intelligent being.

He (assumed) has done his due diligence.

He has money to risk.

This is the real deal.

What more do you want? You can drool but you shouldn't stand between him and his $13k free money every month!

#20     Jun 18, 2009