Strategy Testing/Buy-Sell Signals

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by VTTrader, Sep 26, 2003.

1. VTTrader

VTTrader

As quick background, I'm a small-scale trader who has managed to do fairly well with some basic tools: QCharts, and some elementary tools for picking equities which meet my needs. I trade when I see confirmation of a trend in several timeframes, and tend to do so in small lots, taking small but steady profits.

My question: I'd like to utilize a software package which can scan multiple securities in real-time and alert me when one or more meets my buying criteria. Ideally, such a package would be able to look at indicators in multiple timeframes and tell me when they meet my requirements. At the moment, my optometrist and chiropractor probably love me, since I monitor ten to twenty equities throughout the day, patiently waiting for the optimal setup.

I know Tradestation has its Radarscreen, but I really don't want to use it if I don't have to. Anyone know of a decent, reliable data/software package which allows custom programming of MY criteria, and which can simply scan a watchlist of MY choosing? Does eSignal do this? Does Tradestation sans Radarscanner?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

2. Hallo. We have just released WLD3 and it has a real time scanner included. The question is if it does what you want it to do. You might need to take a look at it or ask more specific questions of what you want the RT scanner to do.

Regards.

Volker

3. Banjo

Banjo

4. Lovelitera

Lovelitera Guest

ErlangerQuote (using QuoteCom data) and NeoTicker (multiple data sources) have such scanning features.

5. VTTrader

VTTrader

Thank you all for the very useful information. I'm going to take a close look at each of your suggestions.

Thanks again--this is a great forum, and you've all proven yet again that it's a wonderful place for gaining good info from knowledgable traders.

Vermonter

6. I forgot to mention that you can do system development and testing on individual symbols and a whole portfolio for FREE on the web site for as long as you want. Also the web site is very likely the most active one in regards of system development, testing and trading. Under http://www.wealth-lab.com/cgi-bin/WealthLab.DLL/browsechartscripts you can find over 900 published systems (ChartScripts) with the code.

Volker

7. VTTrader

VTTrader

Thanks, Volker. I'll have a look at the site!

Vermonter