Strategy Runner

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dandxg, Feb 21, 2007.

1. I am glad for you, really. I will give them until tomorrow, I am just simming some new strats. so it isn't the end of the world. Maybe the market yesterday had something to do with it?

#11     Feb 28, 2007
  2. I am currently testing out Global Strategy Trader with Global Futures.

I have been a user of NinjaTrader for over a year now, but I am also not happy with their inability to provide (what seems to me) to be a simple (but as volatility increases) extremely critical tool of server based protective stops.

Essentially what this means is that no matter how sophisticated their software (and I admit, it's got some great bells and whistles) the trader will be limited to just being a daytrader.

Aapparently they have something worked-out with Interactive Brokers though, where they can code in server based protective stops, I don't use IB so I can't speak on it from experience, but I was told this when I queried them about brokers through which they could place server based stops.

So far, I like what I see with GST and I'll probably be moving to it (the more I trade, the more I think position trading which requires over night holding should be part of a traders' total tool kit).

Good trading,

Jimmy Jam

#12     Mar 1, 2007
  3. Is Global Strategy Trader a licensed version of Strategy Runner or a completely separate piece of software ?
    Just wondering why you posted it here, that's all.

#13     Mar 1, 2007
  4. Hey Dan, here's an update I received from Ninja_Ray via PM regarding Ninja Traders' ability to hold server stops overnight. I am glad I received the information, as, unless told otherwise, I can only go by what my experience is:
    Server Stops
    NT submits stops to the exchange if they are natively supported. If not, they are held on brokers servers if supported, if not, they are held on the local PC.

The only time where NT holds local stops is with Patsystems ECBOT at RCG servers. Every where else they are at the exchange or on broker servers.

Ray
    There are a number of brokerages that Ninja Trader partners with besides those mentioned on this thread. Here is a list of them (note to Mods, I am not advertising NinjaTrader or these brokerages, I am merely supplying information to traders who might require it it)

Brokerage and Data Feed Support

Good trading,

Jimmy Jam

#14     Mar 2, 2007
  5. Thank JJ. He actually sent me that in their forum.

#15     Mar 2, 2007