Strategy Runner

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by cohvi, Apr 15, 2006.

1. cohvi

cohvi

Hi,

Does any one know Strategy Runner?
    I'm considaring working with them to trade futures and to develop an automated system.

Thanx,
    Cohvi.

2. RachelM

RachelM Global Futures Exchange <br>& Trading Company

Hello,

Strategy Runner Professional offers automated preset strategies. You may also program your own strategy and run it through SR Pro. If you would like, I can set you up for a free 30 day trial of the Professional version.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
    Thanks!

3. cohvi

cohvi

Thanx but I was hopping for a more objective opinion...

4. Markus

Markus

Dear chovi,

I used many different trading platforms to automate my trading strategies, and in my opinion Strategy Runner is the most reliable.

Here are a few pros and cons:
    • Strategy Runner is server based, running directly on the PATS-Server of your broker. I don't know your personal IT setup, but most probably the PATS server has a much higher reliability than your personal computer and internet. All other trading platforms I know are running locally on YOUR computer, and if you have a power- or internet outage, your strategy might be off sync.
    • Though Strategy Runner offers you an easy integration through their "TPAK" I would always choose to program your strategy directly into SR using their C++ API for higher reliability and availability.
    • Programming your strategy into SR has another huge advantage: Reducing delays. Let me give you an example: Let's say you're using TradeStation (TS) and a third-party tool running on your computer to execute the signals generated by TS. TS receives the data from the exchanges, converts them into their proprietary format, sends them to YOUR computer, you are receiving a signal, the signal is transmitted to a third-party tool on your computer and converted, then transferred to the PATS-Server of your broker and then sent to the exchange for execution. Quite a few hops, eh? Strategy Runner uses the PATS data provided from the exchange server to determine the entries and exits, i.e. SR receives data from the exchange, generates the signal and transfers it through the PATS-Server to the exchange. Pretty lean, uh? :)
    • Here's a con: The programming is not easy, and though I tried to get the job done through C++ freelancers it appeared to be the most effective solution to have it programmed directly from Strategy Runner. That's not cheap, but definitely worth the price.

In short:
    If you are looking for a professional solution I strongly recommend Strategy Runner. Use their TPAK (FREE) to test your strategies and fine tune them. Once you know what you want have them program the strategies for you. Then sit back and relax.

That's my two cents. :)

Markus

5. Hey cohvi
    I am using SR
    I think it is preety good and it has charting and all which is very usefull

6. RachelM

Pretty soon (in about one month) Strategy Runnner will offer the trade-from-the-chart feature.

7. Hey rachael
    I saw the demo at the NYC expo when i was there
    I think it is preety kool to trade right out of the chart
    But is it preety quick -? or u have confirm and all again

8. RachelM

Yes, our fills on market orders are 2 seconds or less. My clients tell me they are satisfied with the speed. However, if you are trading very high volume, there is a possibility of split fills.

9. RachelM

If you try out the demo, you will get a better idea of the execution speed. The simulator provides live streaming quotes, so you get a feel for the market.

10. Truff

Truff

2 seconds or less for a fill, thats an eternity!!

#10     Apr 19, 2006