Strategy Runner

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Aaron, Dec 18, 2002.

1. chessman

chessman Guest

No Fibo thats a negative; TS7 automation using their brokerage doesn't allow you to trade multiple strategies on a single symbol. It seems like a pretty basic flaw, seems almost unbelievable !

You can trade multiple systems if they all only go long, or trade only one side of the mkt. If they go both long and short, its not possible. TS support told me the only way around it is to open multiple accounts...

I see where the confusion lies; sure you can create 5 strategies on ES and 3 on US BUT you cannot turn on automation and use TS brokerage to execute them.

In your case it doesn't matter since you are using another broker. Your solution is actually quite good.

I would be interested to know if Strategy runner is able to bypass this headache?

#11     Aug 10, 2003
  2. fibo618

fibo618

Chessman it is a definite negative using their auto broker service but if you use 7.1 with mtradebolt you can execute several strategies on the same symbol, just your broker becomes Man. I have no idea about SR except that you have to disclose your code so that it can be converted! That does not work for me whatever non-disclosure docs you sign.

#12     Aug 10, 2003
  3. I guess i'm the answer to everyone's prayers. I use strategy runner, and i gotta say i love it. Very simple to use, easy to customize, never had it go down on me, only once when they were having some problems with their servers, which took 2 minutes to fix.
    Nice platform, easy to place, cancel, and monitor orders. But, unlike TT, it is not very customizable in terms of changing the way it looks, or the colors and stuff like that. The small stuff you cannot change, but when it comes to changing the stuff that deals with trading, its all good. Plus it took me about 20 min to figure out how everything works.

Sign up with them for the free trial you will see how it works. I am using the real thing to trade, and most of all, i love their bracket system, incredibelly easy to change the settings. I recommend it.

#13     Aug 10, 2003
  4. I don't know why they said that, i am using them through www.greentreetrading.com

call them and talk to them about using that.

#14     Aug 10, 2003
  5. damir00

damir00 Guest

not sure why you feel that way. IB has an API, you can trade as many simultaneous systems on the same symbol(s) as you feel like programming.

am i missing something?

#15     Aug 10, 2003