Strategy Runner

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Aaron, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Aaron

Aaron

I read the review of Strategy Runner in the latest Stocks & Commodities magazine and went to their website, but I'm confused about the product. Does anyone here use it? How do you use it and how do you like it?

2. Mir

Mir

Aaron,

I read the same article and was impressed and curious, ready to start a new thread, when I saw yours.

So, I'm here, with the same question, lending moral support to the inquiry. :)

Anyone out there with relevant information? TIA.

3. Aaron

Aaron

Dear Mr. Schindler,

Thank you for your interest in our products. Let me try and clear up the confusion:
    Strategy Runner has a few products. The main ones are:
    1. Strategy Runner - a trading platform for automated, hands-free trading system execution and for manual order execution. Strategy Runner is available free of charge, and the usage fee is commission-based. You can create a portfolio based on our strategies (systems), or run you own system(s) after they have been developed.
    You cannot import a trading system (i.e. Tradestation EasyLanguage), but we can implement it in Strategy Runner for you, or you can do it on your own in C++ programming
    2. Strategy Tuner - a backtesting and optimization tool, where your strategy (trading system) can be backtested.

Startgey Runner is not tied to a particular broker/clearing house - at the moment we are working with a few and are in negotiations with more.

I hope this helps clear things up.
    In order to understand Strategy Runner, we suggest that you try out our Paper Trading system, which is a demo system based on live feed. The system is available for a free trial period of 14 days until the end of the year (in Jan.1, 2003, we will start charging for it!)
    To download, please go to our website www.strategyrunner.com

Please contact us again if you have any further questions.

4. Strategy Runner Paper v1.4.2

Anyone signed up with them for a 14 day free trial ?

5. DT-waw

DT-waw

Strategy Runner v1.7 is released. Any happy users on this board?

6. can probably do the same as SR, and for free. You need TS though, at this you can get for less than $350 from a source known to yours truly. Not that I am affiliated with them.

Anyway, can SR run several systems at once, some of which can have opposite positions? This is rather impossible with IB. Is it possible with any other broker out there?

Thanks...

7. Trapper

Trapper

Hey Wally,

You might want to check with these guys. I believe they might have the technology.

Best regards,

Trapper

8. fibo618

fibo618

Wally,

I use mtradebolt ( a derivative of tradebolt ) that I use to trade multiple systems on multiple markets. I trade every day 3 dax systems, 2 bund, 3 ES and 2 US using the software. I use TS2000i fed by esignal and mtradebolt logs me into J-trader.

I downloaded the program from their site www.mtradebolt.com

You cannot tell which system is long or short during the session but your net position is shown. I could not trade all these systems without the software as I would be unable to enter the orders myself and would have to hire other traders to help me.

Hope this helps.

9. chessman

chessman Guest

Interesting setup, I wish I could do that in TS7. Unfortunately TS7.1 only allows one system per market and at this time offers only electronic futures. I guess there is some provision in TS2000i to by-pass that limitation?

I wonder if Strategy runner has similar one system per mkt limitations. I did see their demo at a recent expo this year. I wish I had asked more questions.

I agree hands free automatic trading is great, not only it frees up the time but also seem to help with discipline type issues.

10. fibo618

fibo618

As I understand you can trade multiple systems on a single symbol using TS7. So you could trade 5 strategies on ES and 3 on US using TS7 and route the orders through mtradebolt. Unfortunately TS7 does not offer european data though - thats why I use 2000i.

#10     Aug 10, 2003