Strategy runner on TT feed , anybody ?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by fxpip, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Yes, but due to server components of Strategy Runner that are running real time, things remain slow
    Ares has posted some interesting videos that show how slow is the update on the bid/ask columns thru SR platform
    SR is a platform for daytraders that use trading systems, not for scalpers
    NINJA TT is much faster

Lorenzo

#21     Oct 1, 2007
  2. fxpip

fxpip

on the demo SR on TT feed is faster than X-trader due to much less load on the SR-TT feed, never said that the live version would be the same.

Who says that on the youtube video we are not running a live version of Transact against a demo of SR runner, comparing apples with oranges ?!

Still claiming that SR on TT feed doesn't exists ?

You sound like a child of 15, grow up !

Lorenzo,

you have any idea of the lag introduced by the SR server and updates ?

#22     Oct 1, 2007
  3. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

I noticed this problem because PATS runs faster with NINJA Trader
    Then I asked to SR the reason for that and they gave me this reply.
    They use some server components because SR must guarantee a perfect execution of their trading systems

If you want to try it yourself ask for a NINJA Demo with Pats feed
    and you'll notice the bid-ask updates in less time (I think 2/300 milliseconds)

SR is a platform server based so if your internet connection goes down your orders are running in SR servers. This fact is very important for traders that use trading system and have no time to follow the market all the day

Scalpers need fast DOM to read the tape and for that reason they use other platforms more reliable under this point of view
    (for example SR does not provide a time&sales)

#23     Oct 1, 2007
  4. fxpip

fxpip

Thanks !

I understand that for a scalper SR is not good enough but for everybody else 2/300 milliseconds won't make the difference.
    Did yo also notice the difference on a live feed ?

#24     Oct 1, 2007
  5. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

No, but if you like SR platform for some reasons, stay with TT feed, the last price has less lag than PATS

Besides Velocity offers a Static Market Pane

Lorenzo

#25     Oct 1, 2007
  6. Ares

Ares

Hey moron, watch this video

On the left the demo version of X-Trader and on the right the live feed of X-Trader, same contract: ESZ7

Hope your brain isn't so slow....or maybe you need a pair of new glasses

Of course when you mentioned that Strategy Runner had the same speed of X-Trader you had a demo version of X-Trader

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puGdwe6xOz0

#26     Oct 2, 2007
  7. fxpip

fxpip

You were the one claiming that SR on a TT feed didn't exist, IT DOES

I didn't want to find out if X-trader live is faster than the demo (sounds pretty normal that it is) but if SR on TT feed is slower than X-trader.
    The demo with velocity showed that SR demo is faster than X-trader demo due to less load on the SR demo,SR less popular than X-trader.

However on a live account, X-trader is a fraction of a second faster than SR on TT feed.
    Nowhere near the 8/900 milliseconds you mentioned, 2/300 milliseconds would be my guess.

Now crawl back in your hole.

#27     Oct 14, 2007