Strategy Runner as autoexecution platform?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by mhoev, Apr 20, 2004.

1. mhoev

mhoev

Hello!

Does anyone here use Strategy Runner (www.strategyrunner.com) as platform to run self developed trading systems?

I did write my own PATS API based application to execute my strategies but to make unattended trading possible it would be necessary to add that much more intelligence (e.g. how to react on internet disconnects, what to do after reconnect, ...) that I really think of giving my own platform up against something else.

What I learned until now about Strategy Runner is that it is hosted directly by several FCMs or IBs, is able to run all strategies developed against there API (C++) and compiled into a DLL. It supports most kind of orders (not only market orders as some competitors).

Any comments, hints, experiences? Or alternatives??

Kind regards
    Markus

2. mhoev

mhoev

Sorry to ask again... So there is really no one out there using Strategy Runner?

Markus

3. Markus,

My suggestion would be to log onto www.advancedfutures.com and sign up for the two week trial, and see if you like the platform for yourself. This demo is the Lite version, and doesn't allow inputs of strategies, yet you can at least see what the platform looks like, as well as get a feel for the executions, and order types. The pro version allows the input of strategies, so once you are comfortable with the demo, and want to utilize the pro, contact me for further details as to the implementation of your strategies. My feeling is that you will be able to figure it out without any problems. If you do have questions, I am happy to assist you however I can.

4. josbarr

josbarr

The new Strategy development kit is now available.
    Let me know if you're interested and I will send you more details.

5. I use Excel (VBA) and mySql to automate my order creation. I then send these orders to my broker, who places them at the market open and that's about all there is to it.

Order management is taken care of by SR as I specify brackets and trailing stops, which come into play once the order is filled.

I could quite easily write it in C++, but I don't feel the time and effort needed would benefit me too much.

As others have mentioned. The orders are stored on the brokers servers, so you are protected from local PC failures, etc.

I like the system and have found it quite reliable. I believe it uses PATS down the line(?). I have also used PATS too directly in the past, but I prefer SR.

WOS

6. Truff

Truff

Call or email SR directly. Best way to learn about the platform. The IB's don't know enough, they are just interested in you opening an account.