Strategy Development Tools

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by RainMakesGrain, Mar 20, 2024.

1. I would like to get some feedback from folks who have used Strategy development tools (i.e. StrategyQuant, etc.) currently or in the past to develop their strategy's. Good or bad? I mainly trade futures and would be interested to learn more about software designed for futures specifically. I'm learning to program with Easy Language but want to be resourceful as well.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
  2. Thank you! Does AmiBroker code your tested strategies to be used in Tradestation Easy Language or other types of code for automation?

3. RantaMin

RantaMin

Also can be TradeStation and NinjaTrader

4. RantaMin

RantaMin

Its own programming language, AFL (AmiBroker Formula Language)

5. As an example of what you can do with AmiBroker, here are the sim trades from a strategy I've been testing. So far it tracks very well with actual trades. I try hard to not curve fit, but it needs more testing before I throw much money at it. The 80 shares QQQ represent 1 contract of MNQ. I don't actually trade QQQ, I just don't feel like paying for futures data. It doesn't trade a lot, but it has been very accurate in up and down markets, including a profitable trade yesterday. All trades are at the RTH open.

QQQ-MNQ Strat.jpg

6. RantaMin

RantaMin

What steps are you taking to minimize the risk of curve fitting in your strategy testing?