Strategy Development Power Point

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Spectre2007, Sep 8, 2018.

1. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

https://xkcd.com/1570/

[​IMG]

#11     Sep 9, 2018
    fordewind, fan27 and sle like this.
  2. wine.JPG

Latour, bottled in 2010, seems quite expensive for someone who isn't interested in wine investment ... but those who are obsessed with wine tasting and have a good knowledge of wine history, wine investment may seem an attractive option.

The big difference between me and other academics? Most academics lack real trading experience and tend to over-emphasize textbook theories. I had been trading even before I started my doctoral programme in Economics and Finance. So I instantly knew sth was not right when I got my results from my research.

Theories are there to explain irrational market behaviour but the problem with most academics is they are obsessed with rational assumptions and try to make up stories in response to irrational behaviour and try to explain the irrational behaviour in a rational way. So they never get that because of such a bias in their thought or most of them simply lack analytical skills so they are not even dare to attempt to implement complicated methodologies like I did for my research. No pain no gain after all, is that right?

Well, for me, whether last week was crappy or not, I care less. I am only happy to close my trades with profits because I know how banks/hedge funds drive prices.

Wish you all the best, and Good luck with your trades too Sir.
    Take it easy and hope you can do it too

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    #12     Sep 9, 2018