Strategies and Tactics for Intraday Trades

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by stockgirl, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Hi Traders!

I'm testing some intraday strategies and would like some input on the following:

Strategy 1 - Selling Tops Intraday on a 1-5 min time frame - How do you determine the entry price of right shoulder (1st lower High) of a Head and Shoulder Pattern. Also, I have noticed over the years that the right shoulder sometimes makes a higher low, equal low or lower low than the left shoulder - Do lower low entries provide the best results? - I seem to have a hard time determining the correct price and getting a good entry on the right shoulder without getting stopped and/or maximizing my entry price - Buying Inverse H&S Patterns also - please see attached charts

Strategy 2 - Buying Weakness - Trendline break 1 min time frame -How do you determine the entry and stop price on a 1 minute trend line break chart - Once the chart breaks the trend line and produces an inside bar, I have a hard time determining if this is the bottom or more a move to the downside - I've noticed sometimes the provide excellent results and other times I get stopped out - please see attached charts

Please fell free to suggest other strategies that produce good results.

Note: I never used any indicators, just price and volume.

Thx for your help

• hs.png
      File size:
      49.4 KB
      Views:
  2. second file

3. Buy next shoulder after lower right shoulder.
    Buy next dip after higher right dip.
    See Tony Oz book.

4. jllm03

jllm03

On the Trendline break... if the breakout is a gap from the previous day, here is an interesting artical that i found to be useful...
    Thanks to Dayrl Guppy Speaks...
    http://www.remisiers.org/guppyspeaks.html

5. Why don't you backtest it ? If the result is positive, trade it, otherwise forget it. It is so simple.