Stratasearch

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by kadip, Aug 30, 2005.

1. pjay72

pjay72

I've just downloaded the the trial, and have come the initial opinion that yes it has a lot of technical analysis, but it's not practical. Now on another subject, TDAmeritrade just came out with strategy Desk, this product I found to be practical, but needs more entry/exit logic

#21     Dec 17, 2006
  2. taowave

taowave

What didnt you find practical??I am finding the oppossite,but I have not placed real money behind the analysis as of yet

#22     Dec 17, 2006
  3. Since many of you have tried the software and it is just about 50/50 on who likes it and who doesn't. Could someone explain to me, how in the world do I find a good trading strategy? Or, find the results of my the Technical Analysis and pick which one to use? This is where I get completely lost, I run it for days and days, open up and view the 'combination results' and see a bunch of analysis that is completely useless !

#23     Dec 18, 2006
  4. taowave

taowave

Hi Jules,

I have only demoed the program for 10 days,and it has taken me this long to figure out who I would implement it into my daily trading...

IMHO,Strata Search One Click Search is like having an unbiased research assistant.I dont take the one click searches as gospel and follow the signals systematically.However,I do see if the results and signal fit my trading style and temperment.I may use the signals as confirming indicators,or the rules may be something that I ahve never thought of and something i then develop and test further in SS..

I will not run searces on hundreds and thousands of securities.I will import lists(Zacks.IBD,ValueLine),and run one clicks that best suit my objectives.StaraSearch will produce a set of results on how the most efficient method of trading them in the past.SS may have suggested a trend following approach as opposed to swing trading..It may confirm or conflict with my systems that I developed...

Another user reccomended I focus on Auto Search as opposed to One Click...That may help you...

i will give you more detailed answers as I progres from here.I am still navigating thru the program and manual..

Check out the users board...

Its a really good tool,but it takes some work

#24     Dec 18, 2006
  5. taowave

taowave

Now that I have familiarised myself wih SS,it cn certainly handle a wide variety of instruments .Tou can set up a multi-search,and test whatever assets you choose.You can also modiy the level of opimisation and automation...

Its a very interesting program and it is lightening fast...try running a single sytem/strategy..

Once again,I have no affiliation with SS,but feel its a product worthy of looking into.

#25     Dec 21, 2006