Strangles & Straddles

Discussion in 'Trading' started by RainMaker3000, Jul 10, 2002.

1. let's talk about trades that make short term Strangle & Straddle plays

:D

2. straddle GE @25 & @30

entry price - Put @25 = $60
    Call @30 = $25
    Cataylst = earning call , Friday before the open

3. rs7

rs7

Don't have option quotes right now...what expirations? Also am I reading these prices wrong? How can a 25 put be worth $60? Wouldn't the stock have to go to Negative 35 to be in the money? What am I missing? Also, do you expect an $85 move on earnings? I am sorry for sounding dumb. I know I have to be misinterpreting what I am seeing here.

4. July , expire next week, we'll see if GE moves after the earning call

THe calls are trading @$30 and the puts @$55 right now

5. rs7

rs7

I guess I am misreading the whole thing...what strike prices are you talking about....maybe I got your prices mixed up with strike prices...only thing I can think of.

6. The trick is your put and calls act like a hedge, therefore if its a bad call you go short on the stock and you're covered by the calls, and if its a good call , you go long and are covered by the puts, it a double plus, plus if something happens after the call your hedged

7. rs7

rs7

Uhhhhh... ok...but what are the strike prices? And isn't the stock at 27? What am I missing?

8. earning before the open, if its good it'll rally over $30, if not i see it breaking down below $25

9. rs7

rs7

OK..one last time..
    tell me the STRIKE prices of the calls and the puts and the cost of the options so I can understand....please???

10. Strike CALL = 30
    PUT = 25

Price call = $25
    Put = $60

expire July 20

#10     Jul 11, 2002