Strange Tech Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Swan Noir, Jul 10, 2011.

1. years back I had this issue. I read it was the PSU being over loaded. Upgraded the PSU and the problem stopped.

#11     Jul 12, 2011
  2. i've had erratic mouse problems from time to time and it's usually a driver problem unrelated to the mouse. try troubleshooting by using ms system internals suite and help forum.

#12     Jul 12, 2011
  3. Sorry for doing such a bad job of describing this. It is a desktop and I replaced my logitech wireless mouse with a logitech wired mouse -- no help.

It is maddening!

#13     Jul 12, 2011
  4. dwg0

dwg0

Try getting the current SetPoint from logitech:
    http://www.logitech.com/support-downloads

If the problem is caused by an old XP driver then that might explain why it still happens after re-installing XP or the same older Setpoint version.

Another thought is when you switched to a wired mouse did you actually unplug the wireless mouse? Probably a little USB device plugged into the back of the PC

#14     Jul 12, 2011
  5. Many thanks to all who offered advice. Ultimately shorties one word comment -- Virus -- proved to be correct. When I disconnected an external drive I used for backup all the problems disappeared.

Thanks again, all.

#15     Aug 1, 2011
  6. Bob111

Bob111

i got another strange problem and would appreciate any clues about what it might be(i know,there is a lot of possibilities)
    XP Pro, SP3, no changes, no updates,no new programs installed for years. lean,clean PC. very few programs installed.one day it starts as usual, but after XP logo PC shutdown itself.
    i have to press power button to start it again then i choose last known configuration. works fine for couple days, then same thing happens again this morning. what it might be? i know, it's could be pretty much anything from hardware to corrupted OS. maybe someone had something similar in the past or know most common things?

Thank you!

#16     Aug 19, 2011

7. Do you have another source you can boot from ?

#17     Aug 19, 2011
  8. Bob111

Bob111

you mean XP CD? yes

#18     Aug 19, 2011
  9. #19     Aug 19, 2011
  10. Bob111

Bob111

i think so. i'm also thinking that it's corrupted mbr. why and how it got corrupted-that's another question. going to try few things from cmd

like i said-the problem is that it's did not happens every time i start PC(this would actually simplify the situation)

#20     Aug 19, 2011