Strange spikes using oanda Game

Discussion in 'Forex' started by liquidmoments, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Thank you for your prompt reply with screens shots , I appreciate very much.

When i said i had 20 k ,i would never put all off that into 1 broker to start off (financial suicide) I'd be 'stop hunted' out in no time . Maybe I'm just becoming too pessimistic at the prospect of finding a 'squeaky clean' broker to play in real mode.

I've uploaded another move that i am suspicious off ..

You seem like a very knowledgeable person when it comes to trading and scalping , So your advice / support will be well recommended..

#11     Oct 13, 2008
  2. I have noticed too that the Game behaves crazy. Live appears to be fine.

#12     Oct 13, 2008
  3. Just bad data by the look of it, like TradingWise says they'll reverse trades filled on a bad quote. In the screenshots you posted it looks like it's bad data at your end though. Quite seriously it may be worth asking on the Oanda forums as there are things you can do like clearing your java cache and installing the latest version of java etc.

Scalping shouldn't be a problem on Oanda, they've usually got tight spreads, the platform's fast with one-click trading, and disconnections seem to be rare this past month. I wouldn't worry too much about stop-hunting as you'll be using 'mental' stops instead of placing an order if you're scalping.

If you're concerned about the unregulated world of bucketshop forex brokers then maybe have a look at futures on a regulated exchange, funds are protected as well.

The thing I'd say about starting live with 20k is live trading is a world apart from demo, maybe start with a couple of thousand and then increase from there if it goes well, and if it doesn't go as expected then you haven't risked too much (advice I wish someone had given me when I started out!)

#13     Oct 13, 2008
  4. These bozos obviously never heard of forex :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fjJqvtromEE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fjJqvtromEE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#14     Oct 13, 2008
  5. To my understanding, Oanda does a lot of their beta testing, etc on the Game platform.

Much more likely to see weird shit on Game than Trade....but that's not to say you still won't see plenty of bizarre shit on Trade.

#15     Oct 13, 2008
  6. LOL

#16     Oct 13, 2008
  7. hard to scalp a 5 pip spread :eek:

#17     Oct 13, 2008
  8. so I asked oanda because im moving my account to them and was concerned by this... they said

names have been changed to protect the innocent

Not my name: while i was getting use to the platform using fxgame i noticed every couple of hours like every 5 hours it would lag back 20-25 min and go wild and/or have large spikes and would lag and change price in spikes

Not Oanda: Please be aware that FXGame sometimes has upgrades, which can be the issue you experienced. HOwever these issues should not appear on FXTrade, and FXTrade always gets all the info before it is sent on FXGame.

Not OANDA: If a spike occurs on the platform, on FXTrade the spike is corrected and all trades affected by a spike are reversed as if the spike never happened, on FXGame we do not do corrections as it is a game account

Not OANDA: If a spike has occured, we run a reclose, which will correct any trades that were affected by a trade. For example a SL is triggered due to the spike and the trade is closed. We will then with the reclose, correct the trade, and re-instate it as if the spike never occured

Not OANDA: Clients will be advised by email when such adjustments are preformed

Not my name: oh ok

#18     Oct 27, 2008
  9. in other word oanda doesnt care about YOU because your using fake money

#19     Oct 27, 2008
  10. Perhaps you need to zoom out and recognize the pip ranges that come along with those wider spreads?

#20     Oct 27, 2008