Strange Silver action

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Ialwayslearn, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Seeing lots in the pres about physical pricing vs futures as if there was some major decoupling.

From what I can tell this is bullshit, as usual.

#11     Sep 11, 2008
  2. Care to elaborate? This is one example of the "strange" activity I am referring to. What do you make of it?

#12     Sep 11, 2008
  3. Nothing to make of it. The lunatics that think a bar of shiny metal will save them are trying to excuse the price tankage as some kind of paper only fluke.

#13     Sep 11, 2008
  4. jasonjm

jasonjm

more sellers than buyers

thats all you need to know

all other reasons are irrelevant

#14     Sep 11, 2008
  5. ZEAK

ZEAK

Silver market selling off, yet my bullion dealer is all out of ALL silver, that includes the 10oz bars and the 100oz bars. The physical reality is not in line with the futures market, not in line at all.

#15     Sep 12, 2008
  6. Cash cost of silver production is approx $3/oz.

Work it out.

#16     Sep 12, 2008
  7. The silver refiner and industry standard is the 1000 oz bar and you can get all of those that you want.

#17     Sep 12, 2008
  8. ding ding ding, we have a winner!
    Gotta love the gold crowd, when silver/gold goes up its because they get it while everyone else is an idiot. When they are wrong its because of manipulation.

#18     Sep 13, 2008
  9. ZEAK

ZEAK

Did not know that. Went to a dealers site and yes, they said the 1000oz bars are the trading standard....and had many in stock. :eek:

#19     Sep 13, 2008
  10. ZEAK

ZEAK

Dont consider myself as just part of "the gold crowd", as I have real-estate, long holdings of stocks, cash position and now building a small metals position just to diversify more. Diversification is what I GET, but if someone does not agree with it, does not make them an idiot. We each have our own drummer and march to our own beat.

#20     Sep 13, 2008