strange question:

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jingo911, May 16, 2004.

1. jingo911

jingo911

hello all, a site, i won't paste the url here, i came across said the following:

they will allow traders to shadow their trades for $X dollars per month. (futures only)

but here's the kicker: they said that they would refund the $ if a certain amount of profit per month is not made.

i'm curious. what do you all think of such a Guarantee system?

thanks

2. how does that help?

3. jingo911

jingo911

i would imagine the losses are the risk involved--but i've, frankly, never seen this type of advertising...where they refund the money if no profits are made.

4. jingo911

jingo911

also, they claim to have tight stops. and they are predefined.

goodnite

5. Where is that site? Would you like to share with us?

6. strange nickname as well

7. jingo911

jingo911

lol; please don't shoot the messenger :)

i just want to know what u guys/gals think of someone offering a refund of the subscription fee if they don't generate $ for their clients.

regards.

8. Have you read the smallprint or other "general conditions". These are normally hidden somewhere very deep into a site written with a 6 point size, with lawyer language that noone understands. Is there a minimum account size required? a minimum trade size, a minimum number of trades? What is you DO NOT follow scrupusly their system? Can they claim you "haven't followed their signals" so you don't qualify. Ask them for a (preferably written) contract clrarly stating all conditions.

And, no, I haven't heard of any (serious) company yet , that is making such claims and still in business..

TFD

9. Have you read the smallprint or other "general conditions". These are normally hidden somewhere very deep into a site written with a 6 point size, with lawyer language that noone understands. Is there a minimum account size required? a minimum trade size, a minimum number of trades? What is you DO NOT follow scrupusly their system? Can they claim you "haven't followed their signals" so you don't qualify. Ask them for a (preferably written) contract clrarly stating all conditions.

And, no, I haven't heard of any (serious) company yet , that is making such claims and still in business..

TFD

10. If its like another site I've seen then its not really based on whether or not YOU make a profit but whether or not the calls they make are profitable. Obviously if they make a call and you don't follow it (because you arent in the room or decide not to take the trade) then you can't hold that against them.

The chat room I'm a member of is similar but they dont refund your money, you just get the next month free if a minimum profit target is not reached (and trade commisions are factored in).

Of course the bottom line that most people are trading in amounts which make the monthly fee pretty meaningless in the big scheme of things, e.g. I'd much rather have one more profitable trade than not reaching the profit objective and getting another month free - but it is nice that the room is willing to put its money where its mouth is...

#10     May 17, 2004