Strange question for traders at home

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Kastro_316, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Josh009

Josh009

At what point do you head to the bathroom to 'pop the tiles'?

#21     Apr 13, 2006
  2. Thats a good life :)

#22     Apr 13, 2006
  3. lol.... sure it isn't different from many others, except while up at 2:30 in the morning, i'm watching eSignal, and pretty much the rest of the day. The markets are my life, so that is the life I choose. :p

Eat, Sleep, Trade...... it is what I love to do now.

#23     Apr 13, 2006
  4. ==============

Get 7 or 7.7 hours sleep;
    get up 2 or 3 hours before market open, cofee , usually 2 cups .

Get candle charts on , usually visit elitetrader.com before market open.

Usually catch CNBC about 30 minutes before market open & Art Cashin,;
    about 60 minutes of CNBC thats enough of CNBC
    for me.

Review charts again , especially yesterday eod prices.:cool:

#24     Apr 13, 2006
  5. West coast here. I trade most of the really liquid futures markets. This requires a 5:20 am start for me (metals, bonds, forex futures start up with volume then).

So...

5 am alarm goes off, but usually already up. Naturally amped the second my eyes open, but down half a pot of coffee anyway as I'm a junky (most of it while already working). If I wait until 5am to wake, I pull on a pair of board shorts and head straight to the trading room. Take a quick peek at headlines only on Marketwatch and Bloomberg. Usually don't fire off a trade for first 15 to 30 mins, so I am just getting the feel for things at first. I trade until spoo volume dries up around 9 or 10am my time. Go play. I trade the close on occasion.

Note, although this seems half assed, I do all my tech stuff the night before, and have been trading the same contracts, more or less, for quite some time. Getting into the official clothing routine, etc, just isn't me, but I can see how it would be beneficial for others.

Jay

#25     Apr 13, 2006
  6. romik

romik

Ya, I am thinking of investing in a urine catheter, apart from that I am also considering swapping my leather armchair for a commode...leather one of course, apart from that I...I...don't know really, what's the question again?

#26     Apr 13, 2006
  7. 1000

Isn't that what makes a successful trader:D

#27     Apr 13, 2006
  8. 1. Get up at 7:30-8:30 and turn on cnbc while eating a cinnamon pop tart (non frosted)

2. Walk into next room, and watch my list and see what has the most growth (only high volume tech stocks)

3. Stare at charts and maybe place a trade

4. go to work

5. look over charts again and see what looks good for the next day.

- nate

#28     Apr 13, 2006
  9. I do not have a schedule....I trade in my boxer shorts......for years I never wore a watch, but Wifey makes me now....

#29     Apr 13, 2006
  10. I am definitely not a morning person; I've always felt the markets were somehow easier to read during the overnight sessions but I think it's just because my mind is much clearer at night as compared to the early morning.

If I could live anywhere to trade, it would probably be Europe. I would love to be able to get up around 11, exercise an hour, have lunch for breakfast, then have my trading day start around 1pm. Finish my trading around 9pm, just in time for dinner, then bedtime would be around 3am.

#30     Apr 13, 2006