strange market behavior at 4.30AM EST

Discussion in 'Trading' started by vdgraaf, Jul 7, 2005.

1. marky1

marky1

Guys, a lot of people have lost their lives here today, it's not very humble to talk about how much you made. I for one don't care, and I'm sure most Londoners don't.

#31     Jul 7, 2005
  2. What's really unappealing is that "Live-8" will continue to denounce the westernized democracies, and not the terrorists.

#32     Jul 7, 2005
  3. See the quote from a genius named "cable" on the previous page!

#33     Jul 7, 2005
  4. Well done, Doc!

You're a freak for being awake at that hour, but rock on wid yo bad self.

#34     Jul 7, 2005
  5. Fortunes are *lost* when you don't or can't control your risk, like in the markets of earlier today.

#35     Jul 7, 2005

6. Life goes on! I am a trader and work does not stop for terror. Thousands die everday from poverty, do you still go to work and chit chat with your buddies while this is going on?

Stop being a tool of the media. Control your emotions, you should know that by now.

#36     Jul 7, 2005
  7. marky1

marky1

thats exactly what I'm asking people to do fool

#37     Jul 7, 2005
  8. I remember when the Tusnami disaster happened awhile back. It was attitudes like yours that made me utterly sick to be a trader. Money is important to me but it is not my god.

#38     Jul 7, 2005
  9. Thanks

It was tough to step into the abyss .... especially at 2:30am. But it's been my learned experience through the years that the toughest trades to take are usually the right ones.

My deepest condolences to all Londoners

We're all Londoners today.

#39     Jul 7, 2005
  10. It is not all about money, it is more about focus and worring about things that are in your control. BTW, most of the London traders were swinging for the fences after the attack in the markets.

As I said to the previous dribble, 30 or so people died in London, tens of thousands die daily due to poverty and disease, do you work on these days, do you joke on these days that these children and mothers die?

All because the media blows up the terror as bigger than the death from international poverty, if yoru going to slow down or stop your focus to weep and decline to discuss your work or goals (coin), why not weep everday as there is terror everyday on the poor in the world, do you put a premium on the few western victims of terrorism vs the victims of world povery who die in mass?

Maybe if you stop your little weepy, funeral, feel sorry for everyone and I am Holier than thou dribble you could of coined some money on the terror and panic and at a later date, use some money from such panics that you have no control over and do something about it, where you can "control" or influence change, such as Soros.

BTW, Soros and his "friends" gunned down the Sterling to collapse and also gunned down other "third world" currencies for profit. He is now using that capital for change and influence. Possibly, if you were as cold and calculated, you could do something about your "Passion" for humanity with your coin.

I was short sterling/yen, long Euro/usd, and long Euro/GPB into the attack, was I not to be happy about the profits when I woke up regardless of the mixture of "tragedy" and "luck"?

I was massively long KB Homes (KBH) going in today, should I be down because of the "terror"? When you are able to think out the box, you will see the humanity of other countries who suffer terror everday, the innocent Iraqi's who die daily from Bush's blunder for instance. Do you cry and weep for teh Iraqi's who are taken out daily in far greater numbers than the attack today?

You are trained by the media to put a premium on Western death and not value the death of the darker peoples of the planet.

When you put the London deaths into context and you escape from being a media tool, you will see the death in London is relatively minor to world death today.

#40     Jul 7, 2005