Strange Attractors

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ocean5, Jun 13, 2012.

1. ocean5

ocean5

#21     Jun 15, 2012
  2. With respect to trading using DCS and the other more appropriate control systems is duck soup.

The arrangement is to keep records.

In MADA, the most important money making records are the D and second A records.

This explains why OODA doesn't work very well and it explains why most potential traders are going to fail.

One person commented today, and incorrectly, that information loses its utility as time passes.

Naturally any record keeping has the appropriate reset faculty. Reset occurs only at the appropriate time for cleaning the slate (at the trend's failure point).

Maybe wikipedia level thinking can explain RDBMS.

Any MS is a record keeping function.

In SQL it requires 24 tables to take the market's full offer. Some tables are a day long so have 81 rows. Most are 6 x 6's.

There is no functioning speed requirement since all trading is carving turns using OTR arranged information.

To exercise systemmic controls, fields in tables are used.

As a trend continues, the fields related to the trend are completed. That is, they are emptied upon a reset and compiled as the trade goes through its Order Of Events. OOE is not used by CW. There is no RDB in CW.

In SQL this is done by language instructions.

The instructions locate the table and its pertinent field. This field is then "filled in" by two things:

1. aquiring information from historical data or realtime streaming data.

2. performing operations on the data.

Step 2 increases the degrees of freedom of information and completes analysis in a timely manner. Hence the small and specialized tables.

All of this framework is figured out just once and you figure out EVERYTHING.

I spent two days typing the tables. They each have unique names.

A lot of tables have algebra in their fields. This algebra provides the language (SQL, for example) with operating and analysis information.

The system operates ONLY when there is change in the information. This means the system is event based.

Intradaybill has explained that he thinks the information decays over time and records are not useful to him or those who think like him (jcl, for example). the counter to his incorrect reasoning is this. It is explained in Behavioral Finance. Also the market has finite sized variables (granularity). Typical variable names are instrument's prices and contracts. All of these ingredients build into many kinds of systems and strategies (see pg 199 of Harris) Markets become huge repositories of capital. Markets flow amd the flow is noiseless, and free of anomalies and flaws. The test of this is the system's finite characteristics (granularity) which cover EVERYTHING. Use set theory.

As in the DCS wikipedia level information, a person setting up the ATS for trading, has to know how the system operates. In this thread before this post, how the system operates is an unknowable entity.

As may be seen the two sources of data which are NOT continuous but have a limited smallest size (granularity), form asymptotically around records content and with streaming data at a capacity of variable flow.

Using RDB means the cases are narrowed greatly to 10 then to 2 for price. There are more cases for volume but they reduce to 2 cases. You are familiar with what a common name is for a 2 by 2 display involving P and V. The cells are completely defined.

The 24 tables work as a system where the market controls the trader who is just making money by following the tabular output.

This is where the OOE's come in. They were mathematically deduced. A finite set of pieces resulted. These pieces fit together.

Making money comes down to holding while the market stays in its container. The trade is at the beginning of the overlap of containers. The key deduction involved was figuring out there had to be overlap. The failure of a trend is what ends the trend.

The topic "Strange Attractors" is a dead end. How elements of a system that is not continuous, functionally speaking, (granular) can be combined using quantum principles is also a dead end.

The only clean and simple path is obscured completely by the CW which uses a bunch of dead ends. It is the neatest thing that could have happened since sliced bread.

The clean and simple path is totally obscured by CW type thinking.

#22     Jun 16, 2012
  3. ocean5

ocean5

Something doesn`t fit in RBD,when you say 20-40 turns a day during RTH.Or was it just an average example(20-40)?It doesn`t fit with the 2 line theory,or you are using inappropriate settings for these tools.I doubt that you use MACD and Stoch with the settings you propagate.I can not say for the US RTH,though,but during the Asian and European sessions the settings of the 2 line tools can only output 1-2 complete containers within each at max,meaning 3 to 6 turns.But the setting of MAC and Stoc are still waaay lagging to carve the turns,it could hardly designate the container itself,haaardly.

The system operates ONLY when there is change in the information,does not necessarily mean the event based trading.The changings occur within 24 hours as the sessions overlap and the time is completely predefined((opening hours,midday hours,closing hours)(Asian markets opens evry hour or so,one after another,so do the EU`s,for e.g.)).So a person using DCS for trading can use time as a variable,for sure.

Strange attractor maybe a dead end for the event based trading,but not for the time based trading.I can`t see the 20-40 event based turns in the US RTH even after the fact,sorry.

#23     Jun 16, 2012
  4. Jack, even Wordle couldn't make any sense out this garbage. So I felt a lot better that I couldn't either.

#24     Jun 17, 2012
  5. Yeah!!! AHA! AHA! AHA! Lightbulb!!!!

If it is shit, than it is shit. The same with the trend. Got it Jack!
    Genius. God bless the supporter of learning. Fu.. the logic and CW and thinking too.

Now look at my post... clean and simple.

#25     Jun 18, 2012
  6. This is a cleaner spot. :)

#26     Jun 18, 2012
  7. Sorry... Couldn't resist.:D Don't you just love Jack!?

He will save the world eventually with his supporting.

What a wonderful person... We need more of those to support our educational system. All fifthgraders will be traders knowing all RDBSM, OODA, MADA, BLABLA, FTT, WWT, TRALALA, TRALALO, etc . at the drop of a head (or was it hat..? nevermind they would lose their heads too listening to how the logging makes you unbelievable and astonishing trader with multiple accounts around the world trading zig times the capacity of the simulator). What a wonderful world we will be living in... Sigh.

#27     Jun 18, 2012
  8. Yeah Jack you've nailed it! I tried OGG using FFD and PTSS a couple of days ago but failed because of CW. Nevermind I will fly to the moon later. How is you RRT and FGR by the way? Looks good to me. Good job. Keep at it.

#28     Jun 18, 2012
  9. ocean5

ocean5

God uses 33 000 000 control points over beings,functionally speaking.Just mention...

#29     Jun 18, 2012
  10. If you ever get into humor, you may wish to read a very cool book written by Miran Lipovaca. He lives in Ljubljana, Slovenia. He writes up a RDBMS called Haskell.

The English version of the book is entitled:

"Learn You a 'Haskell' for Great Good".

I think wordie is very cool too. But it couldn't handle the acronyms and a process description of the ATS's scope and bounds.

Have you read the thread: "Do you enjoy trading?" What is "believable" is so much smaller than I thought.

I spent a few days in Napa valley. (5 miles by 30 miles) It is just like a lake along the path of the Yukon river but it is full of vinyards (672 named ones) and they all make differnt wines out of about 28 varieties of grape species.

There I was in a huge room with stainless steel vats. they showed us how they put bands of cooling systems around the vats. (the bottoms were not flat).. I had a real WOW!!!

The tour guide knew it all....BUT....there is still no continuous fermentation in use. LOL.. Just rearranging the equipment would cause continuous fermentation.

We sipped wine for about three days..... must be just like your trading room. They are using FedEx refers to deliver the wine (no moments over 80 degrees) Give a bottle of abacass a try.

I'm finally concluding that no one is going to lift the bar by bay ATS that comes from the garbage post I put up.

All those wine growers have their little tweaks here and there. We at least learned to get a dual zone refrigerator for our collection.

#30     Jun 18, 2012