Strange Attractors

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ocean5, Jun 13, 2012.

1. What is this? A yahoo message board? Why all this "strange attractors" on a trading thread?

Can some of you post up some screenshots for the rest of us fractal folk?

ES

#11     Jun 14, 2012
  2. My awesome post got deleted?

I really had no idea what anyone is talking about. I thought my photo was appropriate :D

#12     Jun 14, 2012
  3. ronblack

ronblack

Strange attractors can give rise to bifurcations or not depending on many many things. If you do not know the explicit dynamics, do not even bother. You are wasting your time.

#13     Jun 15, 2012
  4. ocean5

ocean5

One of the characteristic of SA is a sensitivity to the initial conditions.And i`m trying to determine the cause of the slight differnce between rigid and ''scattered'' trend overlapping.I don`t believe that trading is not time based,but event based.I think that event is rather an effect when the cause is the time.If an event based trading requires up to 70 degrees of freedom,i`d rather have one degree,one certain time variable.

#14     Jun 15, 2012
  5. Why don't you trade with RangeBars then?

ES

#15     Jun 15, 2012
  6. ocean5

ocean5

Takes time to get accustomed to it.I tried LineBreak,but it seems something wrong with them,as I need to constantly reload the data to get a clean picture.Besides,PRV volume doesn't work on both of them.

#16     Jun 15, 2012
  7. ok...sounds reasonable..in Forex there is a program that updates with the quotes...so I am sure there is a rangebar program for the market you trade...but then again it would screw up the entire Hershey System most likely...but RangeBars would most likely be interesting to to the purveyors of this system and I do not understand why they have not considered it...maybe they have and I am just wrong.

ES

#17     Jun 15, 2012
  8. ocean5

ocean5

Hershey system uses RangeBars display on the finest level(OTR),which is used for precise entries,after the Mother display(5 min) is annotated.I have a difficulties to combine several displays,so by this time i allow myself to draw down a bit,for the lack of skills to combine 2-3 displays.

#18     Jun 15, 2012
  9. oh I see...I did not know that as I do not trade the system.

Pardon the interupption...Carry on..

ES

#19     Jun 15, 2012
  10. ocean5

ocean5

I`d rather have ONE display that will zoom-in/zoom-out after the volume pace changes,but have no idea how to accomplish that.

#20     Jun 15, 2012