Straight UP PABST ASS.....HOW come canadian intelligence were able to catch the terri

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Hey pabst straight up your ass. How come canadian intelligence was able to catch this group, the entire group without resorting to unconsitutional and unlawful tactics. They didnt have to resort to torture, unlawful jailing, illegal wiretaps, and etc. How many terriosts have americans captured in the USA using your measures. NONE in the last 5 years. We were able to catch these thugs. And yes they are an aberrant thugs.

2. Looks like you didn't read the part about how the Canadian authorities got their information about these suspects from the <b>American FBI.</b>

oooops! :p

(Not that I support unconstitutional means of information gathering. I strongly oppose that sort of thing. Just pointing out the irony of your post... that's all.)

3. Either he didn't read it, or, well, being in Canada, it may have been censored . . .

4. Canadians are literate?

5. OOOPs retarded metal you must have read only the fbi part. B/c this was a csis operation. They were tipped off by canadian anti terriost group. LOL what a moron. This was from bloomberg, cbs, abc, reuters, and ap. LOL where did you get your info from. No wonder your an half baked trader, your info suxs :D
    How investigators unravelled a plan to bring terror attacks to southern Ontario.

LOL retarded metal wheres you source I listed mine MORON
    http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/National/2006/06/05/1614690-sun.html
    By ANGELA PACIENZA, CP

Toronto mosque 'attacked viciously'
    Experts doubt fertilizer bomb enough to topple CN tower

TORONTO -- What erupted in dramatic fashion Friday had its seemingly innocent beginnings two years ago on the Internet.

Canadian teens who were spending their time on websites promoting anti-Western sentiment were being watched in cyberspace by Canadian investigators, who bided their time as they waited for words to turn into action.

Those investigators soon unravelled a sinister plan to detonate three tonnes of explosive material on unsuspecting civilians in and around Canada's most populous city -- a probe that culminated Friday in 17 arrests.

It was in 2004 that tech-savvy spies noticed some teens spending more and more time reading and posting to extremist websites, sources told the Toronto Star.

The sleuthing sparked a probe by the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, which eventually uncovered an attack plan by a group of extremists.

Canada's top investigators came together through the Integrated National Security Enforcement Team, or INSET, made up of RCMP, CSIS, federal agencies and provincial and municipal police. The cloak-and-dagger group has more than 400 highly skilled sleuths.

The team spent thousands of hours investigating, officials said in announcing the raids.

The arrests came after three tonnes of ammonium nitrate -- a common fertilizer that's easily transformed into a powerful explosive -- was purchased from undercover officers, the Star reported.

Using the cover of a misty Friday night, police tactical teams raided homes in Toronto and Mississauga.

Their efforts netted a total of 17 people -- 12 men, including a computer programmer, school bus driver and university health sciences graduate, and five youths who cannot be identified under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

Nada Farooq, wife of suspect Zakaria Amara, 20, described how police crashed into the multi-generational family's home as the couple played with their eight-month-old baby.

Family members were moved to the garage, she said, and her husband was taken away.

"They're not guilty," she told CTV News. "They're still innocent until proven guilty and yet they're taking measures as though they're monsters."

A federal official said he expects serious reflection in government and security circles about how young people raised in Canada could become terror suspects.

"Most of them went through the school system here. They're not just off the plane. So there will be some questioning," the official said. "The big issue is going to be societal, that's clear."

What specific places were targeted remains a mystery, though media reports pointed to a CSIS building in downtown Toronto and the Parliament buildings in Ottawa.

But a source in Ottawa, who asked not to be named, squelched talk yesterday that Parliament was a target, insisting the alleged plotters had their sights set on southern Ontario.

Two of the men were in prison in Kingston after they were caught trying to smuggle weapons into Canada from the U.S.

One of the 17 men, Qayyum Abdul Jamal, 43, was known in the community for his extremist views, a source said. Jamal became imam of a small mosque after "a tussle" with more moderate members, the source said.

"The fundamentalists threw out the moderates and took it over," said the source, adding that an MP became involved and complained about his "extremist" sermons.

It's unclear how two Americans -- Ehsanul Islam Sadequee, 19, and Syed Haris Ahmed, 21, both from the Atlanta area -- are linked to the Toronto group.

The pair, now in custody, visited some of the 17 terror suspects, the FBI said.

Court documents allege Sadequee and Ahmed took a bus to Toronto in March 2005 to meet other "like-minded Islamic extremists" to discuss terrorist training and bomb plots against military bases and oil refineries.

The 17 accused are to return to court tomorrow.

6. lol then my mea culpas then. But rearden metal how could you have been so wayyyyyyyyyy off. This was reported constantly by cnn, cnbc, ap, marketwatch.com, and everybody. Why did you say FBI was the one who tipped then off. That came out of nowhere. Nobody said the fbi was the tipper.

7. I knew I read it somewhere....

Here you go:

From the Toronto Sun:

<b>"We won't know what really happened until the accused go to court. It appears an FBI investigation last month into a group of American Muslims from Atlanta who went to Toronto and met co-religionists there led to the current arrests. "</b>

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1092501&highlight=fbi+atlanta#post1092501

8. A number of terrorist groups have been prosecuted in the US and sent to prison for long terms. Other than being accused of child molestation, I can't imagine a charge that is more difficult to defend in court. How many juries are willing to take a chance that the accused are not terrorists? One group in Virginia was convicted even though the evidence against them was largely that they had traveled to Pakistan I believe, and regularly conducted para military training using paintball guns. No doubt they might have been planning something, but from what I read the evidence seemed a bit iffy.

The real test of this Canadian bust will be if they are convicted and if the lenient Candanian justice system gives them lengthy prison terms.

9. "Hey pabst straight up your ass. How come canadian intelligence was able to catch this group, the entire group without resorting to unconsitutional and unlawful tactics. "

that statement is nonsensical

no actions in canada can be "unconstitutional"

canada does not HAVE constitutional rights. they have a CHARTER or rights (which is easily overridden via parliamentary override)

constitutional law 101

the ignorance here astounds me

#10     Jun 5, 2006