Storing cash

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Runningbear, Sep 26, 2011.

1. They don't exist anymore in the developed world.

#11     Sep 27, 2011
  2. morganist

morganist Guest

Shame.

#12     Sep 27, 2011
  3. Buy 10% physical gold and silver and sleep tight.

#13     Sep 27, 2011
  4. Thank goodness they don't. Imagine your house burning down (or worse, you getting robbed and killed) when your net worth is in bearer bonds under your mattress.

#14     Sep 27, 2011
  5. Seen a silver chart lately? Not sure I can sleep well with that sort of volatility.

#15     Sep 27, 2011
  6. morganist

morganist Guest

It was because they found a haul of silver. The price will rectify in couple of weeks.

#16     Sep 27, 2011
  7. toc

toc

MORONS! FORGET CASH, here is the list..........................

Buy land, store grains for like whole two years atleast, buy guns and ammo, buy medications like pain killers, antibiotics, vitamins etc. etc.
    buy powered milk, buy a cow and bull, buy bicycles, buy tools to use for work, even store gasoline away from house and finally buy some more land if money left.

:D

#17     Sep 27, 2011
  8. (is that right? That it's due to a new haul of silver? I thought it was because of higher margin requirement in asian exchanges; but I could be wrong - I'm don't pay real time attention to the metals too much).

Assuming you are right (about the haul being the reason), your holding just got devalued (finding new silver == fed printing money). So not sure why silver is a safer store of value.

#18     Sep 27, 2011
  9. toc

toc

In addition to Greek and PIIGS default another worries are

1) Israel gets attacked by several nations and we are talking mini world war with nukes "on the loose and in the use".

2) US attacks Pakistan and China and Saudi Arabia get involved. China getting in means WWIII and then all the fireworks get on the go.

3) USD dives into the ground and Chinese, Japanese, EU demand physical US assets in return. Another scenario for WWIII.

RATS and DEMORATS have run this world into the ground. PURE EVILNESS!

:D

#19     Sep 27, 2011
  10. achilles28

achilles28

Its very smart to keep cash out of the banking system. Only douche-bags like you keep their entire networth safely on deposit at C :)

#20     Sep 27, 2011