Stories of market manipulation.....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, Apr 2, 2012.

1. If there are any i'd love to hear them. "A friend of mine" story will do just fine :).

Usually pretty entertaining.

2. I once farted so loudly and for so long that they thought it was the opening bell and i was able to front run the entire market for 1.766 seconds.I actually retired at that point before they realized the mistake.I still laugh about it now every time i fart.

3. not bad. I can't top that so I won't try.

[​IMG]

4. dikraduni

dikraduni

If you're dealing with a market maker then it's quite easy for the broker to manipulate feeds and delay orders. 'Dealing desk execution' delay is the scourge of low cost forex brokers.

5. I can't find the link but I think during Pitt or Grasso one of them asked the floor traders to keep the price of some stock up for a day for some reason or another.They managed to do that.

Maybe someone else remembers the stock, I think it was for a buyout.

Imo, I thought that was the classic manipulation rather than the run of the mill big money

--------------------

Maybe this was it.

"One morning Greenberg wanted to send a message to Grasso as well. AIG was in negotiations to purchase another insurance com_pany, using its stock as currency, so the last thing Greenberg wanted was a falling stock price that would jeopardize the deal."

"She called one of Grasso's assistants and told her to transcribe the following: "Hank Greenberg is not looking for AIG to go under $76.50 or the deal won't go through."

http://www.hopkinsandcompany.com/Books/King of the Club.htm

6. dikraduni

dikraduni

Some body some how affect or manipulate the market. it's like butterfly effect. some time few people do it intentionally and some time it happens unintentionally.

7. rubb

rubb