Stops

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by tortoise, Feb 24, 2006.

1. what he trading index futs? if not what product? just curious as to the how i don't care who it was or the amount involved.

#111     Feb 12, 2012
  2. Nope - he was trading stocks at a prop firm; huge volume.
    And the next day he was gone...and I never saw him again.

Although I should have been more confident from this event, I actually stopped trading for a while. It really rattled me, despite the fact that I knew I wouldn't do what he did.

I guess there was this "that could happen to you" voice inside of me that I couldn't silence.

#112     Feb 12, 2012
  3. hearing about people blowing up is actually a good thing b/c it's a constant reminder of what can happen when you deviate from your plan. when you look around and see people only winning like right before the bubble burst in 2000/2007 that's when you get into trouble.

#113     Feb 13, 2012
  4. Your response suggests only one thing i.e. that you have not found a way to trade ES profitably. Your post is more about your failures with respect to ES than ES as a trading vehicle. Something that works for a low volatility trending stock will clearly not work for ES, but that does not mean that ES is not very tradeable indeed.

If you give an experienced futures trader an intraday price chart of ES, a DOM and one or two other items, I can assure you that money can be made trading it :)

#114     Feb 13, 2012
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Agreed.

#115     Mar 31, 2015