Stops dont work on FX futs @IB

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Sashe, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Sashe

Sashe

Stops didnt work for me three times in the row.
    Last stop I had a 1.2558 sell on EurUSD futures (2 mins ago) ...price went thru it and my stop never got activated.
    Had to close manually. Thx God I was watching my position.

2. H2O

H2O

I'm trying to log in, but I can not :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is from the system status page :

18:43 EST Some clients may experience difficulties logging in to their Trader Workstatsions we are currently working to resolve this issue.

Really strange !! TWS should be up and running.
    I tried it with ssl and without ssl.

Another thing, lately I'm not able to log in using SSL, anybody else ?

3. Sashe

Sashe

IB is running ok now , but stops don't work. Last week stops didnt work either (at least twice I had a problem).
    Regarding H2O issue.....I think IB recently warned that SSL connection should be unchecked from now on in order to log on.

4. H2O

H2O

Still unable to log in here. On both computers, separate connections, so I'm pretty sure the problem is still with IB.....

Waiting....

5. H2O

H2O

Did you check your stop trigger action ?
    And did you check "allows stops to be triggered after hours" ?

6. H2O

H2O

I'm logged in now :cool:

7. Sashe

Sashe

I had trigger method set at "Default" which is corresponding to Double Bid/Ask

8. Sashe

Sashe

now ES last trade 1040 down -4 as per IB, i thought close was 1040.25 , not 1044

9. H2O

H2O

No, If you're talking about futures than this is not true :

If "Default" is selected, then the double bid/ask method will be used for orders for
    OTC stocks and US options. All others orders will use the last method.

So If you're trading futures you're using last. This is the trigger for last :

If "Last" is selected, stop orders will be triggered based on the last price.
    For example, for a sell order, there must be one last price that is less than or
    equal to the trigger price.

Also, below on the trigger page, you can select " Allow triggering outside of regular trading hours."

NOTE : This settings applies to stop orders on GLOBEX and to simulated Stop-Limit orders on other exchanges only.

10. H2O

H2O

Closing prices of IB are not always correct. :(

#10     Jan 25, 2004