Stops at Genesis

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by BrownianMotion, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Absolutely brilliant development, even if it is still client-side.

#41     Aug 15, 2006
  2. MMHunter

MMHunter

Not so brilliant.

Genesis's stops suck.

1. They are SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!! For example, stops based on the bid price trigger with a second delay at times. At key levels, this can cost MASSIVE SLIPPAGE.

SOLUTION: Genesis MUST get server side stops.

2. Stops based on last price are often triggered by bad ticks. This stops you out unecessarily and with horrible slippage at times.

SOLUTION: Genesis MUST add a bad tick filter of some kind.

Apart from these (big) problems, Laser isn't too bad a platform.

#42     Aug 15, 2006
  3. EricP

EricP

Maybe we could take your thoughts a teeny bit seriously if you didn't feel the need to create a new ET nick for the purpose of this post. Sounds like the beginning of another Genesis bashing nick coming from the principle of another competing trading firm. Give it up.

#43     Aug 15, 2006
  4. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

So is it available? Where do I get it? I don't see it on their website.

Thanks,
    +-*/ Math_Wiz

#44     Aug 16, 2006
  5. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

bump

#45     Aug 16, 2006
  6. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

bump

#46     Aug 16, 2006
  7. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

bump. Does anyone know what happened to the TraderStop program that supposedly can be used with Laser? I can't find it on the Genesis website.

Thanks,
    +-*/ Math_Wiz

#47     Aug 16, 2006
  8. Hi Math,
    Just install the new Laser exe, its builtin there, but be when I tried it (one month ago) it had a bug that can totally screw you up, I didn't use it again and I don't know if they fix that bug or not

#48     Aug 17, 2006
  9. MMHunter

MMHunter

Couldn't care less what you think "EricP." Not worth explaining.

The facts are the facts. Genesis's stops suck. They are slow, hard to implement, buggy, and inconvenient to change/update.

P.S. I did say I like the platform apart from stops. If I were the competition I would have left that out, Socrates.

#49     Aug 17, 2006
  10. Actually for anyone who is scalping I don't see any good reason for having a stop loss, just use the keyboard shortcuts.

As I said earlier, I just tried stops on laser once (out of curiosity) and it was buggy at that time.

But if you are a scalper, Laser rocks.

#50     Aug 18, 2006