Stops at Genesis

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by BrownianMotion, Dec 4, 2005.

1. i think not having stops is very scary
    if i brought INTC at 27 and i put a limit stop to 26.90 just in case the stock slide down like 0.20 i know that i will be sold out at 26.90
    Hope this example is correct

#11     Dec 4, 2005
  2. Sashe

Sashe

I heard there were some Excel programs out there with programmable stops features that hook up to the Laser platform.
    If anybody using it, please post how to get it.
    Tia.

#12     Dec 4, 2005
  3. Excel programs run on your PC (client) while server-side stops run on machines that sit right beside the execution servers.

The speed disadvantage of client-side stops will cost you enormously (in slippage) over the course of a year if you do any kind of volume.

#13     Dec 5, 2005
  4. GTC

GTC

ksonsinc, Your example is not necessarily correct. Your stocks will not necessarily be sold out exactly at the stop price.

#14     Dec 5, 2005
  5. so stops arent important?! for those who trade more than one stock scalping i think they are very important.

#15     Dec 5, 2005
  6. once again, the lack of stop cost me.

#16     Dec 5, 2005
  7. When there is slippage like that, you have to place market
    stops.

In your example, if price don't retrace back, your stop never
    get filled, and cost you hell of lost money

#17     Dec 5, 2005
  8. ECHO has them. I rarely use them, but it's there if you need it.

#18     Dec 5, 2005

9. I guess your right given that they haven't responded or PM'd.

It isn't like Serge Pustelnik doesn't read these boards.

#19     Dec 5, 2005
  10. EricP

EricP

You must really be desperate to join Genesis. Only an ET member for less than three weeks, and already you have posted a question about Genesis server side stops on three different threads. Maybe they are just not a good fit for you, huh?

You might post yourself a reminder on your calendar for a few weeks from now => rumor has it that Genesis does not have server side stops... no need to ask a fourth and fifth time later this month on other threads. :)

Just curious, though, what are your other nicks? Or should I search "server side stops Genesis" to find out? LOL Give it a rest already.

P.S. I think the word you are looking for is <i>you're</i> not <i>your</i>

#20     Dec 5, 2005