Stops and Risk Control - ES

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by rknas, May 31, 2022.

1. cesfx

cesfx

Thanks for your perspective.
    On the second signal short of the swing, would you consider (or why not) the first reversal bar of the retracement?
    I am looking at the small lower high formed just before the bar with a signal, around 10:45am on the chart.

#21     Jun 2, 2022
  2. speedo

speedo

In current volatility I like to take the lesser of 2x initial risk or 10 points for target 1 and then target fib extension levels, holding a runner or two in anticipation of a full measured move. For a one lot trader, 2xIR is hit more often than not on successful trades. Any trade plan should of course be tested and defined by each individual trader. No two of us will trade exactly the same as no two of us ARE exactly the same. All anyone can get from a thread like this are ideas and examples....the work has to be done by each of us.

#22     Jun 2, 2022
  3. speedo

speedo

It was indeed a bear flag and could have been taken and would have required a second entry. The caveat is that it was far from the MA but even taking the loss on that entry, the following one more than made up for it.

#23     Jun 2, 2022
    cesfx likes this.
  4. easymon1

easymon1

66.0%, 50%, 33.0% - speedo
    61.8%, 50%, 38.2% - Investopedia
    ?

#24     Jun 2, 2022
  5. speedo

speedo

I've found strict fib zones on retracements miss a lot of good trades so I use .33, .66 but I do use fib extension targets.

#25     Jun 2, 2022
    easymon1 likes this.
  6. rknas

rknas

Ones who make money consistently from the markets and its their profession or livelihood.

#26     Jun 3, 2022
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  7. rknas

rknas

Its not 5% at some arbitrary price. Max risk is 5% of acct for a given trade. Stop is placed above/below pivot or where price turned. Size is adjusted for needed stop and allowed risk $.

#27     Jun 3, 2022
  8. rknas

rknas

I am going to start exploring using options as hedge to limit risk and not get faked out. Going to be a whole new learning experience.

#28     Jun 3, 2022
  9. speedo

speedo

Whatever works for you sport.

#29     Jun 3, 2022
  10. rknas

rknas

Its not working, hence this thread.

#30     Jun 3, 2022