Stop Using Stop Losses

Discussion in 'Trading' started by oldtime, Jul 1, 2012.

1. no, I can't beleive there are more people like you, I think you are the only one

#41     Jul 1, 2012
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yeah tell me about it. People like me. People who are upset that are tax dollars are going to a FX traders who martingale into losing positions without using stops. Yeah, the nerve of people like me.

#42     Jul 1, 2012
  3. Visaria

Visaria

Um, yes, it does.

#43     Jul 2, 2012
  4. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that what trading is all about? We use clever schemes to steal money from others, money we didn't earn. In fact, only a tiny percentage of the money actually traded is in fact money earned through real labour.

A little bit of a double standard to be critical of Oldtime, don't you think Maverick?

#44     Jul 2, 2012
    #45     Jul 2, 2012
  6. Oh brother...

Always one in every crowd...

#46     Jul 2, 2012
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Not at all. Trading is about accountability. It's the core of what trading is. Nobody should be using tax dollars to gamble on FX. I have no issues with providing welfare for people. People who are hungry and truly in need. But when people come to the government begging for money so they can waste it in the FX market, that's a different story. See, one they blow that money they are going to run to the government and ask for more and then I look like an asshole just because I want to cut this guy off. I'm the bad guy because I'm the bartender not willing to serve a drunk another drink.

This guy should be ashamed of himself. The money that he is getting is not going to someone else who may be more deserving.

#47     Jul 2, 2012

8. Ahhhh, I see, so you're one of those people who thinks they you are doing some great service to the planet by trading. Let's be honest people, this act of trading that we are all doing isn't something grand and wonderful. We aren't creating anything, inventing anything, saving anything. We are using clever means to take money out of another persion's hands. Really not much different from the guy who plays poor and takes money out of the governments hands through welfare.

I'm not suggesting we shouldn't trade, but let's be honest about what we are all actually doing. Well.... atleast those of you who are actually trading a real account with real money.

#48     Jul 2, 2012
  9. I would also like to add that they system decides how much you receive through welfare. If you choose to live on less than what you are given, you should be free to spend the difference in any way you want.

#49     Jul 2, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Are you aware that this country is 16 trillion in debt? And what you are forgetting is, regardless of what this guy does with his welfare money, if he is getting it, someone else isn't. I imagine the reason this guy is on welfare is because he blew it trading. So now the taxpayers have to support him? Come on dude. Get real.

#50     Jul 2, 2012